Gibson Brands Forums

the open C chord...

S t e v e

My daughter loves to use the open C...it rings so nice for her. One of the first chords I taught her :)

my son loves to use the middle finger, it's so offencive to people. one of the first swear signs i taught him [biggrin]

It's an evil thing "the man" tries to impose on us to bring order to our freedom.

Hahaha, I am bad with Chords it was the last thing I learned, when it really probably should have been the first. The fingering I got down I just dont alway remember the right placement.

Hahaha, I am bad with Chords it was the last thing I learned, when it really probably should have been the first. The fingering I got down I just dont alway remember the right placement.

Lol Amen, palm muted 300bpm open E-string with some power chords is easy for me, but give me a simple country song and I'm a beginner. I'm getting better at my chords though.

so easy to play, the most basic shape and yet i know of people that have trouble playing it in a progression and forming the basic shape... [thumbdn]

take up another hobby is my advice... [-(

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you continue to practice, pretty soon you will be able to play with better and better musicians. We all go through that.

In the meantime, it is good to be supportive of the musicians you are playing with now, and don't drink in the presence of children.

I'm partial to " K " chords......I like playing " K " chords with a diminished 7th, dropped 3rd root, a flated 9th, an open " L " string,

a 1/4 bent maj diatonic voiced harmonized acapelled and arpeggiod trioed and altered non dominant 12th, with, of course,

a V 'type' semi-high upper voiced " M " note pinched harmonically to emulate a 'suspended' melodic tonicly vamped chromatic

E semi-toned F sharp......This chord, and many variations there-of, will compliment MOST " C " chords..............[thumbup] ...

I highly recommend my DVD Series " Rocky Metallic Jazz Guitar for the Non Permed Non Spandex Wearing Contempory Musician. ",

now available on Blue Ray Discs............................:unsure: [sneaky][blink][flapper][love] .........

I'm partial to " K " chords......I like playing " K " chords with a diminished 7th, dropped 3rd root, a flated 9th, an open " L " string,

a 1/4 bent maj diatonic voiced harmonized acapelled and arpeggiod trioed and altered non dominant 12th, with, of course,

a V 'type' semi-high upper voiced " M " note pinched harmonically to emulate a 'suspended' melodic tonicly vamped chromatic

E semi-toned F sharp......This chord, and many variations there-of, will compliment MOST " C " chords..............[thumbup] ...

I highly recommend my DVD Series " Rocky Metallic Jazz Guitar for the Non Permed Non Spandex Wearing Contempory Musician. ",

now available on Blue Ray Discs............................:unsure: [sneaky][blink][flapper][love] .........

ROFL What?

As for learning Chords I am doing it through some easy songs, House of the Rising Sun by The Animals is a good one for playing chords if my memory serves me correct its like four different chords over and over in different sequence, good for remembering those chords.

Troll

Eh, Steve's a Rock and Troller, he knows it................many of us fall for his bait, but only a fool takes him seriously and trolls back in return......

ROFL What?

As for learning Chords I am doing it through some easy songs, House of the Rising Sun by The Animals is a good one for playing chords if my memory serves me correct its like four different chords over and over in different sequence, good for remembering those chords.

I took a few lessons and the guy taught me to play that song to help me with my chord placement...I just couldn't some of em in the beginning, Got no problems with it now though [biggrin]

I like playin that song when i get bored, it helps me with the basic chords and things when i haven't played in a while.

can you tab it out? [biggrin]

I'll do this one thing for Steve..........

I......... I............ I............ I....... [flapper] ..... I

I .......... I............ [woot] I........... I................ I

I..... [lol] ..... I................ I............. I............ I

This is a SEA cord, or chord..........................................

I'm glad that Steveo doesn't like G chords, eh, too much work tabbing these out for the dude.............

Check yourself..I don't hear it. Standby switch?

How bout a pic in the open position?

Or...maybe not. No. better not.

[scared] ................[blink] ...[lol] [lol] [lol] ...........

Sometimes Steveo plays slide.......um, with, a, his, um,................:unsure: [crying][flapper] ......

Archived