Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson cutaway

brannon67

What is the cutaway model Gibson that Jackson Browne plays Running On Empty on? It looks like a John Lennon model, but has a cutaway and has the volume and tone knob, and PU in the neck position.

Ok Cool, thanks. They came out in the 50's didnt they? Would love to get my hands on one.

I just watched the movie "Country Strong". Gwyneth Paltrow held a CF-100E as a prop, and sort of strummed it with her thumb in a few scenes. From the shots that included her fingers, it looks like she had something of a clue about how to play it. From the look of the finish, the guitar was from the 50's and had been played hard for a long, long time.

This might be a good guitar for Gibson to reissue.

I just watched the movie "Country Strong". Gwyneth Paltrow held a CF-100E as a prop, and sort of strummed it with her thumb in a few scenes. From the shots that included her fingers, it looks like she had something of a clue about how to play it. From the look of the finish, the guitar was from the 50's and had been played hard for a long, long time.

This might be a good guitar for Gibson to reissue.

well she is married to a fairly well known guitar/piano playing musician, she also played a bit during some performance at the country music awards or some nashville thing recently and was fairly well received according to the press.

Ok Cool, thanks. They came out in the 50's didnt they? Would love to get my hands on one [CF-100].

Wiley's got one. Maybe you can talk him out of it. B)

There's four here - http://www.fineacoustics.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=49 - $3150 - $5900 - two are E

I think if you can get a vintage one it would be better than the re-issue, but I still see a few re-issues on line for about 2700 dollars...good luck...where are you located??? note: CF100 is non electric version....

Here is mine:

DSCN0136.jpg

Well guys, after looking and searching, I finally found a CF 100E on line. Its in Mint condition, sunburst. Its a reissue, but I dont care. I had to snatch it up. Of course as always, I had to sell something to get it.

Archived