Gibson Brands Forums

New pedal day!

Silenced Fred

EQD Sound Shank came in the mail. I'm cooking dinner right now because my parents are having company over, but I'll take pics and record something later. It's purple

I just ran downstairs, plugged it in and tweaked the knobs a bit to make sure it works, it seems to have a pretty wide range, should be sweet

It's a clone of the Burns Buzzaround; a Ge fuzz from the '60s.

I like mine with the timbre and sustain really low but I think you'll dig it with them higher. It's pretty versatile it goes from '60s psych to 80s distortion.

I got some good 60s tones out of it, but I gotta try out the higher gain stuff and I might be in touch with you about picking up your copy...

I only use the 1 spot for the carbon copy and the cheap Dano and boss (icky) overdrive that I never use never for the swollen pickle or for EQD stuff

I remember you saying you use batteries with fuzz but I didn't want you accidentally frying your new pedal.

I believe mine is from the second batch. I want to check out one of the ones from the first run. The first ones had OC76 transistors (I could be wrong on that) and some old EQD mojo.

As much as I want to sell mine, I don't see why you would want another unless you just want mine because it's a different color or something.

I remember you saying you use batteries with fuzz but I didn't want you accidentally frying your new pedal.

I believe mine is from the second batch. I want to check out one of the ones from the first run. The first ones had OC76 transistors (I could be wrong on that) and some old EQD mojo.

As much as I want to sell mine, I don't see why you would want another unless you just want mine because it's a different color or something.

Different settings bro!

If I find two I really like, I'll talk to you. You've never wanted to have two of the same pedals for different settings?

Yeah that's understandable. The only pedal I've wanted two of is my Fuzz Factory. It would be pretty awesome to have two El Capistans too.

Most of the time I'd rather just have two different fuzzes though. That's probably why I have like 7 fuzzes right now haha.

Yeah that's understandable. The only pedal I've wanted two of is my Fuzz Factory. It would be pretty awesome to have two El Capistans too.

Most of the time I'd rather just have two different fuzzes though. That's probably why I have like 6 fuzzes right now haha.

Yeah, I need to build that FuzzRite clone. Having no money sucks

hmmm I'm very upset right now. I still see no pic of the ghost pedal....Fuzzy you always do this...post pics NOW !!! lol

Pictures soon! Just relax... I just got out from the dinner, now I'm gonna go mess around with the pedal til about 9 or so before my parents ***** at me too much.

It's a cool pedal, I dig it so far

43c27404.jpg

So Leary can STFU! [biggrin]

The setting I'm playing with right now, its cool, I dig it, works well with the distortion on board my Sunn, kind of opposites right now, good cool fuzz, I'm trying to figure it all out still

It brings out my feminine side

43c27404.jpg

So Leary can STFU! [biggrin]

The setting I'm playing with right now, its cool, I dig it, works well with the distortion on board my Sunn, kind of opposites right now, good cool fuzz, I'm trying to figure it all out still

It brings out my feminine side

lmao nice to see you have a sense of humor lol

May I ask how much those go for? I kinda dig it [thumbup] haha I could just google it

May I ask how much those go for? I kinda dig it [thumbup] haha I could just google it

I dig the pedal a ton, and besides for the forum, nobody is gonna see what it looks like besides for me and when I get featured in Guitar World...

New they go for like 145 I think, the guy wanted 100, but I straight up traded him my Dream Crusher I wasn't getting along with as well. It's cool, it has a lot of gain on tap, if you crank the sustain, she will bite your head off and there is a huge jump from where I have it, and the last bit to dimed

SOunds really cool. More sustain on an LP...ya that might go on for days then lol

You might have to do a sound clip of it [thumbup]

Even though I put on the biggest tone suck known to man, a Bigsby :rolleyes:, it sounds ****ing amazing. I'll probably do a clip tomorrow. My parents are flipping out saying that the neighbors are going to call the cops on me... I'm not that loud and its only 9...

Its a cool pedal, lots of sounds, I guess I just have to pick one really

[thumbup] sounds good to me...look forward to it.

Parents just don't understand...oh wait I am a parent...hmmm it's my kid that keeps turning down my cd player...lol

Steve won't talk to you now if you get a fuzz... or show you like a fuzz... but is that a bad thing? [biggrin]

I turn down my dad's CD player when he plays the Carpenters or Anne Murray... but that should be a federal crime

They're $145 new but they're not available as a production model so you can't get one new. The only place that might have them new is fattoneguitars.com

I have one that I'm selling for $115 paypal'd and shipped if anyone is interested. This is it

photo-170.jpg

it's in pretty minty condish with the box, bag, and paper.

Sorry for the spam I couldn't resist. I have too much fuzz right now.

Steve won't talk to you now if you get a fuzz... or show you like a fuzz... but is that a bad thing? [biggrin]

I turn down my dad's CD player when he plays the Carpenters or Anne Murray... but that should be a federal crime

Steve will always talk to me no matter what however that might change if I tell him to stop the vodka lol

Yeah but I need money for a Cosmichorus so somethings gotta go. I should rephrase that as overlapping fuzz. Too much overlapping fuzz.

Still doesn't work in my vocabulary. Fuzz is the best

In all seriousness though, I hear you. I'm trying to pair down my board

Archived