Gibson Brands Forums

Croydon is top!

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest FarnsBarns

For those accross the pond, Croydon is a well known London suburb. It's my nearest town.

We are top of the table for....

Wait for it...

Arson!

Yes Croydon is the arson capital if the UK. Strange because I just asked my wife and we agreed neither of us have ever seen anything on fire in Croydon (nothing that's not supposed to be).

For those accross the pond, Croydon is a well known London suburb. It's my nearest town.

Wait for it...

Arson!

Yes Croydon is the arson capital if the UK. Strange because I just asked my wife and we agreed neither of us have ever seen anything on fire in Croydon (nothing that's not supposed to be).

(jumping in before Damian with the fire arson puns)

Wow that is hot! my eyes lit up when I first read the title of the thread. There are certainly burning issues Croydon must address, I hate to say it, but where there is smoke, there is fire! Are the temperaments of the croydon residents more firey/hot headed than other areas I wonder?

Matt

Matt.....[sneaky][lol] [lol] [lol]eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif .......I finally met my match !!!!!

Overheard at a downtown London flat;

" Sorry hon, dinner's not ready, but Croy's done.."

Hmm.......An arse son lives there.....[flapper] ...or,

An American would say, " Our son lives there." [sneaky] ..

Matt.....[sneaky][lol] [lol] [lol]eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif .......I finally met my match !!!!!

Overheard at a downtown London flat;

" Sorry hon, dinner's not ready, but Croy's done.."

Hmm.......An arse son lives there.....[flapper] ...or,

An American would say, " Our son lives there." [sneaky] ..

I think we are The Gibson lounge dynamic pun duo! Even after I used up what I was thought every pun from the situation old Damian the master gets some extra mileage!! :)

Matt

Wow!

That's quite a fascinating find, Farns. It certainly sparked my interest.

Here, for those of us who live in the 'Big Smoke', is the relevant link, courtesey of the London Fire Brigade;

http://maps.london-fire.gov.uk/

The big picture gives a basic break-down but if you type in your post-code in the panel in the upper-left corner it will show your area with a much more detailed assessment.

Although I live only a couple of miles north of Croydon town centre I live in a 'below-average' zone bounded by zones with 'little or no incidents', so the London Fire Brigade has gone into its statistics in great detail!

P.

Wait for it...

Arson!

NOTHING THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE?!?!?

Wait a minute....

Guest FarnsBarns

Wow!

That's quite a fascinating find, Farns. It certainly sparked my interest.

Here, for those of us who live in the 'Big Smoke', is the relevant link, courtesey of the London Fire Brigade;

http://maps.london-fire.gov.uk/

The big picture gives a basic break-down but if you type in your post-code in the panel in the upper-left corner it w8ill show your area with a much more detailed assessment.

Although I live only a couple of miles north of Croydon town centre I live in a 'below-average' zone bounded by zones with 'little or no incidents', so the London Fire Brigade has gone into its statistics in great detail!

P.

Blimey Pippy, you from Thornton Heath? Woodside? South Norwood? Catford? Ever been to the Cartoon or the Ship? Dare I say, the Black Sheep?

As well as being the Sheriff of Croydon I also live on the outskirts!! Can't stand the place!! I'd say Croydon is better known for other crimes instead of Arson!!

Croydon Is mentioned in the Doomsday book!

Guest FarnsBarns

As well as being the Sheriff of Croydon I also live on the outskirts!! Can't stand the place!! I'd say Croydon is better known for other crimes instead of Arson!!

Croydon Is mentioned in the Doomsday book!

All arch bishops of canterbury are buried in Croydon!

We may have mutual friends, I know a couple of the Croydon fuzz. One special (he is a bit special too) and one detective (she loves it when I call her defective), who is a friend of my wife really.

Blimey Pippy, you from Thornton Heath? Woodside? South Norwood? Catford? Ever been to the Cartoon or the Ship? Dare I say, the Black Sheep?

Hiya FarnsBarns,,for years in the 90's I lived in East Croydon, then South Croydon. Many, many happy days and nights in the Woodman, the Dog and Bull, the Grouse and Claret, the Black Sheep, The Ship, O'Neills, the Oval, the Spread Eagle, the Bedford Tavern, and the one next door to East Croydon train station...the Porter and Sorter...my head hurts just remembering.....

All arch bishops of canterbury are buried in Croydon!

Is that why they built the Whitgift Centre there? To mark a preferential portal up to the other world? And there I was thinking that the immigration office in Croydon was dealing with movements in this world.

In fact it now figures that they would name Croydon's main shopping centre after the ascent of the Holy Spirt. It's the Holy Ghost what done all the arson yer honour...

Hiya FarnsBarns,,for years in the 90's I lived in East Croydon, then South Croydon. Many, many happy days and nights in the Woodman, the Dog and Bull, the Grouse and Claret, the Black Sheep, The Ship, O'Neills, the Oval, the Spread Eagle, the Bedford Tavern, and the one next door to East Croydon train station...the Porter and Sorter...my head hurts just remembering.....

I used to busk in Croydon near the ticket machine in the Whitgift centre! The acoustics were great msp_thumbup.gif I did this from about age 21 to 23

I used to booze in the pub 'Pals' (sp), The Ship and a couple of other places too! Pals used to have £1 pints sometimes too.

Matt

Archived