Gibson Brands Forums

Stairway To Heaven As Played By My Classical Guitar Class

Tman5293

Today my guitar teacher passed out CDs to everyone. They have all the songs we've recorded throughout the year on them. This song was probably our best. I played throughout the entire song, although it's kinda hard to hear me up until the solo. I was playing softly so that I wouldn't overpower the classical guitars. The recording quality isn't the best, but that's because we used one mic to record all 40 guitars in the room including me on electric. There's a mistake here there but that's because most of the kids in the class have only been playing the guitar since they started the class back in September.

Here it is:

http://soundcloud.com/tman5293/stairway-to-heaven-classical/

I hope you enjoy it! I sure had a good time playing it! msp_cool.gif

T-man Jr, you finally have that solo down quite well......Nice to listen to it..........

I've been commissioned to record MY version of Stairway for a singer I work with....

I have enough ultra high end equipment to do it well, but, it's such an iconic song

that I really want to take my time doing it...( ie, my version will be the same length,

but without drums, and an e-bow is substituting for the 'flutes'..)....

It's nice hearing your progress from your previous version of the solo and this one....

Archived