Gibson Brands Forums

Happy New waiting for June 06, 2011 UPS Delivery DAY!

animalfarm

Non-Epi Topic, but I've owned 3 Gibbys, and probably 4 or 5 Epis,

soooooooo.... I must be FORGIVEN.

As my inbound package is currently in a cargo hold getting slammed around,

I am unable to take pics yet, so I'll borrow a couple of factory pics and a couple

of pics from the Web...

Was nosing around this AM before work, spotted something in the RONDO MUSIC "New

arrival" section - had not seen it for at least a year, so I GRABBED IT and the case

for it. Left New Hampshire on a plane at 7PM tonight.

Rondo Music - SX Hawk Stratocaster Copy with P-90s, Maple neck, Mahogany, STOP TAIL!!!! $119.00 USD

http://www.rondomusic.com/product4324.html

Been looking for a Git with p-90s, let an SX Goldtop LP go because I already had enough LPs, and now

it's currently out of stock for...? So, when I saw the STRAT Copy with HARDTAIL, the "G.A.S." blew thru the

roof. I noticed earlier that it's already being talked about on the strat-talk forum, with positive

comments, the harmony central reviews are good, and the youtube clips definitely have that "Austin, Texas/SRV" sound.

I WOULD prefer GOLD hardware, so I've made a list of what I'll need, including electronics,

if I decide to go that direction.

A review can be done if desired - what the heck, if more folks would give decent, detailed reviews it

could benefit all of us.

OK, the PICS (Factory and Non-Factory):

hawkmnmhstopna5.jpg

hawkmnmhstopna3.jpg

DSC_0066-1.jpg

hawkmnmhstopna4.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

Looks like you got a nice one there AF!! If the PG is the same as in the pic, it is the nice pattern, not the ugly one that Fender is using lately. Love the color of the body also.

Waiting for a review. That geet should sound different with no trem cavity or springs.

Looks like you got a nice one there AF!! That geet should sound different with no trem cavity or springs.

Uhhhhh... I guess a review is pending, do the best I can to be impartial. Maybe WE (as a FORUM Group)

can start something? Thanks everyone for not saying my purchase S*CKS! [biggrin]

Gordy - Strange you mention that. Ever since I modded/repainted a String-thru Brown Dean Vendetta

into a RED With STOP BAR and GFS pups, I've been HOOKED on the idea of a STRAT with a stop-tail

and tune-o-matic Bridge. The DEAN ended being a surprisingly decent player - fat C neck, good

sustain. My next-door neighbor's son pestered me so long, I finally SOLD it to him.

I HATE TREMS... just a personal thing. Yes, I can adjust them, just - [thumbdn][thumbdn]PITA!

[BEFORE MOD PIC:

Copyof100_0316.jpg

AFTER MOD PICS:

100_0217.jpg

100_0219.jpg

I HATE TREMS... just a personal thing. Yes, I can adjust them, just - [thumbdn][thumbdn]PITA!

LOL. Everyone makes such a big deal out of blocking trems and buying devices to block them and all that. Floyds I can understand because they ARE a pain in the butt. But 6-screw vintage and 2-point fulcrum strat trems only require that you tighten the screws all the way down so that they dont float and wont allow for bending. Its so easy. You basically get a hard tail "effect" by doing this and all it requires is a screw driver. I've done this to my strats and it works like a charm.

Congrats on the new toy !

A P90 equipped guitar is missing in my small herd..... [lol]

MAYBE NOT - It's YOUR favorite COLOR, just "discontinued"...

maybe score a bargain locally? Have to be a local bargain - folks on flea-bay

are asking top dollar for Godins....

Godin LG P90 Trans Black Flame

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/godin-31153kit.html

godin_31153.jpg

Archived