Gibson Brands Forums

This Guy Has My Macbook

Artie Owl

I thought this was hilarious and the theif got what he desereved; I'll repost most of the article, but the original can be found here;

http://thisguyhasmymacbook.tumblr.com/

Taken from above;

"On March 21, 2011, my MacBook was stolen from my apartment in Oakland, CA. I reported the crime to the police and even told them where it was, but they couldn't help me due to lack of resources. Meanwhile, I'm using the awesome app, Hidden, to capture these photos of this guy who has my MacBook.

Update: (May 31, 7:38 PM PST) Thanks to the power of the Internet, I have the attention of the Oakland Police, who are tracking this guy down RIGHT NOW! Follow @jmk on Twitter for updates!

Update: (May 31, 8:37 PM PST) ARRESTED! An Oakland police officer just called me to let me know that they arrested the guy in my photos! BOOYA! The police used my evidence (email which pointed to a cab service) that he was a driver and tricked him into picking them up. Nice work OPD!"

tumblr_lm3cjyMP9w1qkzrzto1_500.jpg

Guy sleeping on the couch next to my MacBook.

tumblr_lm2tsy9bdN1qkzrzto1_500.jpg

I really don’t want to know what this guy is doing with my MacBook.

tumblr_lm2pa9qqGR1qkzrzto1_500.jpg

Guy signing into his Google account on my MacBook.

tumblr_llvronCCl71qkzrzto1_500.jpg

Guy deleting my account on my MacBook.

tumblr_llvrhxBLUo1qkzrzto1_500.jpg

Guy staring deliriously into my MacBook.

tumblr_llqde17LrL1qkzrzto1_500.jpg

Guy driving away with my MacBook.

Hurray I love knowing that there is an App to make your computer take random pictures without anyone knowing, with Apples history for stockpiling peoples information this suits them just great!

Hurray I love knowing that there is an App to make your computer take random pictures without anyone knowing, with Apples history for stockpiling peoples information this suits them just great!

Everybody does it nowadays, now you just have to live your life with nothing seriously illegal to hide and you should be fine.

Also, the app is a third party app, I believe.

Do you speak English?

German, English and Japanese.

Apple in Big Trouble

There is currently 6 different lawsuits currently filed with the US courts, of course Apple claims to have done nothing wrong but thats for Lady Justice to decide. Heck there is even a class action lawsuit filed for Apples Third Party Apps sharing personal information, you know just saying. Also what a lot of people dont know is a lot of apple products Geotag pictures, videos, etc. and this information is saved with the picture, etc., so a computer savvy person can get access to it if they want and its not info you want people having.

Example:

You take a nice picture of your new Gibson Custom shop guitar with your iPhone as soon as you get it home, post the picture to your photobucket and them display it on some forums, now someone on the same forum in the same area as you decides to have bad intentions, they get the Geotag info off the picutre and run it into a program like google maps and hey wait a minute they got a map directly to your house. They watch you leave for work, break into your house and steal your new guitar, TV, stereo, computer and anything else that is not bolted down.

Oh and its not just Apple products that geotag almost every other smartphone, new digital camera, camera phone, and almost everything else with a microprocessor in it. I learned this from a close friend of mine who is an Apple App developer.

Edit: Oh hey I didnt see a clickable link on the one page I provided but check this one out for sure too Apple Tracking Users Location Without Notice is it not a little uncomfortable to know people are watching where you are going without you knowing? To me it feels like a slight invasion of privacy.

German, English and Japanese.

Apple in Big Trouble

There is currently 6 different lawsuits currently filed with the US courts, of course Apple claims to have done nothing wrong but thats for Lady Justice to decide. Heck there is even a class action lawsuit filed for Apples Third Party Apps sharing personal information, you know just saying. Also what a lot of people dont know is a lot of apple products Geotag pictures, videos, etc. and this information is saved with the picture, etc., so a computer savvy person can get access to it if they want and its not info you want people having.

Example:

You take a nice picture of your new Gibson Custom shop guitar with your iPhone as soon as you get it home, post the picture to your photobucket and them display it on some forums, now someone on the same forum in the same area as you decides to have bad intentions, they get the Geotag info off the picutre and run it into a program like google maps and hey wait a minute they got a map directly to your house. They watch you leave for work, break into your house and steal your new guitar, TV, stereo, computer and anything else that is not bolted down.

Oh and its not just Apple products that geotag almost every other smartphone, new digital camera, camera phone, and almost everything else with a microprocessor in it. I learned this from a close friend of mine who is an Apple App developer.

Please don't steal my dog.

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Please don't steal my dog.

Ever since I got my dog, May, I've been dying for someone to break in to my house. Don't know how the law is else where but as we have a "Beware of the dog" sign I cannot be held responsible to what happens if someone enters my property.

Please try to steal my dog, or anything else for that matter!

Please, focus on my hilarious article I found, it's a crook getting his due. Privacy and location settings are a discussion for another thread!

Crooks are stupid. He should have gone online and found a script to disable the camera.

He got his.

Archived