Gibson Brands Forums

Another nice Samick from 2000;

antwhi2001

My latest buy, on e-bay for £187. Standard honeyburst plus top from 2000, Korean "S" serial. Every bit as good as I expected, having owned a few Samick Epis from that period.

100_2502.jpg

100_2503.jpg

I've put a pair of Elitist humbuckers in it, speed knobs, and Grovers. The stopbar, bridge and pickup surrounds are Gibson ones from old projects. Finally, the only thing I don't like on these is the inlays, so I covered them with block inlay stickers....

Very nice geet and well chosen upgrades Ant, great stuff, HNGD, enjoy.

How are those inlay stickers, I've heard a fair bit about them lately, do you think they'll last the distance ???

Beautiful guitar! Very nice flame on there.

That pic looks really nice with the green grass as background.

I'm curious, what was it about the inlay that you didn't like?

The inlays on Samicks from that period look very plastic and grey; nothing like MOP.

Of course, I don't know how durable these stickers are going to be. They are made from a high density plastic that should take a lot of wear, but then there's the life of the adhesive to consider as well. I thought they were worth a try because they are low cost ($6.50 plus postage) and apparently they can be removed without damaging what's underneath, so worst case is it will be back to the originals in a few months.

If anyone is thinking of trying them, they are at :

http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-Fret-Markers-cln-Traditional/Categories

You don't need any special skills or tools, but you do need to position them very carefully.

Having tried it through an amp yesterday, I'm very very impressed with these made in USA Elitist pickups. At least as good as Gibson 490/498s; I wouldn't swap these for anything.

Of course, I don't know how durable these stickers are going to be. They are made from a high density plastic that should take a lot of wear, but then there's the life of the adhesive to consider as well. I thought they were worth a try because they are low cost ($6.50 plus postage) and apparently they can be removed without damaging what's underneath, so worst case is it will be back to the originals in a few months.

http://www.inlaystic...onal/Categories

You don't need any special skills or tools, but you do need to position them very carefully.

Thanks for the link Ant.

The inlays on Samicks from that period look very plastic and grey; nothing like MOP.

http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-Fret-Markers-cln-Traditional/Categories

Having tried it through an amp yesterday, I'm very very impressed with these made in USA Elitist pickups. At least as good as Gibson 490/498s; I wouldn't swap these for anything.

Nice find, good upgrades, and HNGD [biggrin]

I have been considering trying out these stickers on my '94 G400 which has dots...I might go for lightening bolts.

Archived