Gibson Brands Forums

First rehearsal with the new band...! part II

daveinspain

The rehearsal went very well, we got down 6 or 7 tunes in two hours... We were bass, drums, 2 guitars and 2 female singers... We were missing the brass section that will be two saxes and a trombone. Hopefully they will be there for the next rehearsal. Now the weird part, the drummer has no nose.... [blink] Well actually he has a new nose under construction. The skin grafting seems to be taking well though. I was told he got some odd bug bight that eat his nose... 8-[ The base player was walking with a cane. He told me his back gets thrown out every now and then. All and all it was a good vibe, no arguing and good tunes...

If your drummer has no nose, how do you know if he's being honest and truthful ?? [crying] :unsure: [scared]:---)#-oeusa_whistle.gif ...

Did he ever play in a Def Lepard cover band ?? [omg] :huh: ....

Is he psycic like " Nostral Damous " ??

Does he make much sents ??

( Cool, the band sounds good...I myself expect a new band to sound good on the first get together..) [thumbup] ....

Seven songs in two hours is good IMHO....Whether a band if for ' fun ' or semipro or pro, a first rehearsal

gone well is a good indication of it working...IMO...

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Daveinspain: "My drummer has no nose".

Farnsbarns: "How does he smell".

Daveinspain: "Aweful".

Badump-tsss

Do you folks have a name?

I get together with a few guys now and then. We are all close to 50 or older with various ailments.

Foot problems, knee problems, back problems etc. We refer to ourselves as rockers with walkers.

We all seem to have a nose for music though. It gives us a leg up on the competition. (There is no competition. We would actually have to play out for that).

:rolleyes:

Dave

Mom always told us that if we didn't stop picking our nose it would fall off... [scared]

So what are you going to call yourself?

Limpy and Nosey? The Nose Searchers?

smiley-music024.gif

He has lots of time to practice since he lost his job at the " Ofactory "......

The name of the new band is Jackie's Band. Jackie is the lead singer.... I'm still in the old band as well and that's starting to shape back up again too. The new bass player is surprising me, he kicks butt on Long Train Running and plays violin too...

Congrats sounds like it's coming together quickly and going well and thats always a good feeling.

He has no nose huh - is it Michael Jackson maybe he didn't really die he just headed off to Spain?

A bug bite and he lost his nose? Damn you guys have nasty bugs in Spain unless it was the Cocaine bug.

Sounds like you guys might be on the cover of AARP instead of Rolling Stone.

---

OK thats enough I'll stop before they get even worse.

Archived