Gibson Brands Forums

Set lists revisited

Silenced Fred

Well, we have the forty minute set coming up this weekend, working on the set list. Going for more of the "hurricane" approach, start off strong, slowly back off to going into softer songs, then build back up

I have been working on getting crowd participation up, and I'm hoping it works and some people actually work with me on this.

I got invited up for this large show to be by the stage by 30 Seconds to Mars, and just looking out at the mass of people was the most nerve racking thing I have ever seen in my life. Hoping for a great show, and hopefully I get some videos up or something lol

Well, we have the forty minute set coming up this weekend, working on the set list. Going for more of the "hurricane" approach, start off strong, slowly back off to going into softer songs, then build back up

I have been working on getting crowd participation up, and I'm hoping it works and some people actually work with me on this.

I got invited up for this large show to be by the stage by 30 Seconds to Mars, and just looking out at the mass of people was the most nerve racking thing I have ever seen in my life. Hoping for a great show, and hopefully I get some videos up or something lol

Wait, I'm a little confused here.. You went to a 30stm concert or played the same venue?

Wait, I'm a little confused here.. You went to a 30stm concert or played the same venue?

I kinda rambled sorry

I went to the concert, and justseeing that many people from the stage view was scary as hell

We are playing a smaller venue

I took a girl down to see them and a few other bands (AFI, Cage the Elephant) in Dallas a couple years ago. I think it would be a little nerve wracking but J. Leto was out running in the crowd singing with tons of people pressed on him. Met them after their set, really cool guys and got a couple of their new cd's autographed before they came out.

I took a girl down to see them and a few other bands (AFI, Cage the Elephant) in Dallas a couple years ago. I think it would be a little nerve wracking but J. Leto was out running in the crowd singing with tons of people pressed on him. Met them after their set, really cool guys and got a couple of their new cd's autographed before they came out.

Yeah, I took my friend, she really wanted to go. When I went up to the stage, I took a few pics of the crowd o_O

59ecacd9.jpg

He seemed like a ******. They showed up twenty minutes late to their set, they were headlining, and Q101, the radio station hosting Jamboree, the event, told them they ate up their own time, so when he found out they only had 5 minutes left, he *****ed instead of playing music. I lost a lot of respect for him because of that, but he's crazy. He wades through the audience and all that stuff, it was a cool show.

I met them here in Adelaide very up himself IMO. I was driving the bands back and forth from the festival. I was walking around in between drives at the show when I bumped into Bullet for my valentine. I played dumb pretending not to know who they were, we got to talking as our families grew up streets apart in Wales, I turned around and Josh Homme was standing behind us. I had driven him earlier that day (what a dude) I introduced him to Matt and Micheal. Josh exploded grabbed Matt in a headlock and dragged him to his tent. We followed. Apparently Josh's roadie had complained that This guy Matt had been chatting up his girlfriend at a different show. After some apologies they were all good. Matt walking off saying he had no idea who the girl was. lol. Rock and Roll people rock and roll. BTW Josh Homme is like the biggest dude the guys a tank.

Josh Homme seems like one of the coolest guys ever. I mean him and Dave Grohl are buds, he has to be awesome

Seriously dudes amazing very chill. But when he went off man I was ready to run. The guy is a giant and he went red like a tomato i thought he was going to have a heart attack.

I'm not sure I could keep my cool if I met Josh Homme. I'd definately have to take a picture with him or something haha. It's like meeting the president. But he's the president of FUZZZZZ

I've met some bands, no one too big, but I would definitely geek out on

Homme

Grohl

Auerbach

Jack White

Archived