Gibson Brands Forums

Ok this guitar is weirding me out

Enmitygauged

I just looked up this guitar in my vintage guitar guide book. Sure enough, under the Gibson solid bodies section it was there. The book lists all the details of the guitar and this one matches the description exactly. Also the date is correct as this guitar was only available from 1980-1982. Looks like a fine guitar to me! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

They are really nice to play.

I tried one when it was current and it was almost exactly like a double-cut Les Paul but with the split-coil feature.

$630. At that price it's a bargain! Three days left; I wonder what it'll fetch by close of play?

:-k

P.

This is an interesting guitar...in effect a 'solid' ES 335...

I imagine it would be a heavy instrument...

Not really. It was (is) more LP D/C sized - not 335 sized - so weighs about the same as the aforementioned.

The general outline, especially the twin 'horns', were more 335-shaped rather than the usual D/C shape - hence the designation (AFAIK).

P.

Not really. It was (is) more LP D/C sized - not 335 sized - so weighs about the same as the aforementioned.

The general outline, especially the twin 'horns', were more 335-shaped rather than the usual D/C shape - hence the designation (AFAIK).

P.

Yes you are right, I wonder how it would be accepted today with ES 339's becoming very popular....

There was a maple version too

Also a comparison with the Gibson and Epi Tom deLonge ES 333 with coil-tap Dirty Finger....perhaps the most surreal 335 yet...and terrific fun to boot...

V

:-({|=

Archived