Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD repeat

docmeister53

Well despite my "G string" problems, the replacement Nighthawk arrived last week. Shipped to my local GC and had the tech take a look at it before I picked it up. Even he admitted this guitar was better than the first with a buzzing low E string (no more jokes today [thumbup] ).

I love the honeyburst (the color is more true in the first picture). The fit and finish is perfect. Awesome detail. The combinations and splitting of pickups speaks for themselves.

Nighthawk1.jpg

I'm still not a great player by any stretch of the imagination, but am having fun with the Nighthawk.. Only issue I have is that the neck is narrow and, although I thought it would be a plus for me, I find the strings very close together.

Have to get rid of this bad case of GAS though.. Guitars are just so beautiful...

Nighthawk4.jpg

Re-congrats on the replacement Nighthawk, Doc ... glad you got a winner thius time.

I think the neck on the 'hawk is quite a bit thinner (flatter? not as thick?) than say, your average Les Paul, but I don't find it to be any narrower ... in fact, at 1 11/16" it's actually pretty average. To me it just feels like an SG neck.

Jim

Archived