Gibson Brands Forums

New Hummingbird

JuanCarlosVejar

Looks as though colour varies from year to year and also if it's a custom shop run..here's a custom shop 2008 on the left and a "regular" 97 Gibson HB...the custom shop one look's far more red..

33k9emo.jpg

Maybe the "lefties" get custom shop treatment?

Looks as though colour varies from year to year and also if it's a custom shop run..here's a custom shop 2008 on the left and a "regular" 97 Gibson HB...the custom shop one look's far more red..

33k9emo.jpg

Maybe the "lefties" get custom shop treatment?

I actually had mine custom built (the top is done by REN) and the pickguard is red hand cut because Gibson has no mold for redguards

only for the standard guard that is kinda brown .And yes its a lefty !!!!.thanks for all the great feedback guys

Happy new guitar !

Something tells me this is the original 1960 burst. Not a bad place to start.

So Mr. Ferguson made the top -

Does that mean he personally carved the braces or. . .

you nailed that detail , Gibson tried as close as hard as they could to replicate the original 1960's finish

i worked with Mr.Fuller and Gibson. I sent them a vintage image of mick jagger with one of the orginal 60's cherryburst.

and a few other vintage birds so they could get it right .

you nailed that detail, , ,

Heiiiy BINGO then. . .

But how about the top-bracing ? - Does it follow the TVs released over the last 3 or 4 years. When I look at the back braces on all contemporary models including yours, they are thicker than the original from the period they try to emulate. About twice as heavy as my 63 SJs and several others I've met. Wonder why – the new 45s f.x., are much thinner. But I ask about the top -

And here's a detail that made me wonder : The H-bird TV for sale on the Bay right now has a custom nut of nylon. The seemingly pro seller claims it provides more clarity and low end. How is your bass ?

Would like to see the Jagger picture -

Beautiful cherry sunburst, and if I recall you were after the colouration of the original Birds' from the 1960's.That looks like it popped out of a time capsule from 1961,the finish is truly as the originals were dome IMO.Please post pics in 40 years,as I think you'll be even happier!

Beautiful cherry sunburst, and if I recall you were after the colouration of the original Birds' from the 1960's.That looks like it popped out of a time capsule from 1961,the finish is truly as the originals were dome IMO.Please post pics in 40 years,as I think you'll be even happier!

yes I was after that same color . thank you for the kind words :). I haven't received the guitar I left the states more than a decade ago .

I have requested that Fuller's holds the guitar until i am able to pick it up .

I do have more pics though :)

Archived