Gibson Brands Forums

Lefty Epi Dot with P-90 pickup in the Neck

rbachman

Quite a few folks have put a humbucker sized P-90 in the neck position of various Epi models and are very pleased with the results. It seems to be especially helpful if you find that your current neck pup is too dark or "muddy" sounding. GFS makes some very affordable humbucker sized P-90s (Mean 90's and Dream 90's) that people really seem to like.

Quite a few folks have put a humbucker sized P-90 in the neck position of various Epi models and are very pleased with the results. It seems to be especially helpful if you find that your current neck pup is too dark or "muddy" sounding. GFS makes some very affordable humbucker sized P-90s (Mean 90's and Dream 90's) that people really seem to like.

+1

Great pickups at a reasonable price.

"Mean 90's and Dream 90's" ??????

What would the difference be from what I have now with 2 buckers ???

What is the difference between the Mean 90's and Dream 90's (in a Dot) ...... ???

You all know that I want to love the 2 buckers .... I do for Rhythm BUT for lead I don't like the sound I'm getting but I'm not a great pedal experimenter with the pedals. I use a Blues driver and a Wasabi pedal !!

Thanks, Rob [confused]

A P90 kind of sounds between a Fender style single coil and a humbucker, a very meaty single coil, which is basically what they are.

Exactly.

Here's some links for you rbachman.

Dream 90

Mean 90

EDIT: Of course, there are many other brands that make this style of pickup, but these GFS ones seem to be popular around here and they are a lot cheaper than most other brands too.

Thanks a lot for the advise ..... I had been looking at the GFS P90's !!!! [thumbup][thumbup]

Now only if I have the b***ls to do it ??? [scared][drool]

Grow a pair! Changing a pickup is not permanent...you can always put it back to how it was if you don't like it.

Archived