Gibson Brands Forums

American standard deluxe tele

davidl

I was with a friend at a cottage last week having a bunch of beer and playing guitar and my buddy offered me his American Standard Deluxe Tele for $500.cdn.

This guitar is about 10 years old and doesn't have a mark on it. They retail for around $1600.

He wants to "upgrade " to a re-issue.

I couldn't do it. He would have been ripping himself off terribly and I could never do that to someone let alone a friend.

If it turns out he is willing to let it go cheaply to someone else, then I'll scoop it up.

Darn I'm a good guy.

A good guy without a Tele.

That's what friends are for.

He needs someone to take it off his hands quick so he can satisfy his GAS for an RI. You should be a really good friend and lay those five bills in his hand so he can complete his deal. He would be forever grateful.

Well . . . . . . it sure sounds good . . . . . B)

I'll be seeing him again either tonight or Sunday.

I'll feel out the situation and keep some cash in my pocket just in case.

I still can't see paying only $500 for it though. Just doesn't sit right.

If I do get it for $500, I'll do something to make up the difference. Maybe keep his bassboat fueled up for a weekend or something.

Are you aware of?:

- Ebay fees

- Paypal fees

- Hassle of shipping

- The trolls that show up and low ball offers on craigslist or other local selling options

I bet it would be very convenient for him to simply sell you the guitar even if the price seems so low, if you consider all the hassles above.

I don't see anything cheaper than $898 on what's for sale right now and that's a modded 1.

Archived