Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Question!!!

Tman5293

I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow run all the effects from my Line 6 into my Fender DeVille? Couldn't I run it through my FX Loop? Maybe run my pedal board to the input the line six and then run the headphone jack back out into my Fender? Right now I'm using the pre amp out and power amp in to connect my pedal board to my DeVille. Could I just add the Line 6 as part of that loop?

Don't think so.

Buy why would you want to ruin the goodness of a Fender amp with Line 6 garbage? That's like taking a Filet Mignon and wrapping it in bologna...

I just want the delay and phaser effects from the Line 6. Instead of buying pedals I can use the Line 6 like an FX board.

BTW, I just tried what I described in the OP and it didn't turn out to well. Lots of feed back possibly overloaded circuits on my poor DeVille. Needless to say, I turned off the Line 6 pretty fast. I would rather not blow up my DeVille.

I just want the delay and phaser effects from the Line 6. Instead of buying pedals I can use the Line 6 like an FX board.

BTW, I just tried what I described in the OP and it didn't turn out to well. Lots of feed back possibly overloaded circuits on my poor DeVille. Needless to say, I turned off the Line 6 pretty fast. I would rather not blow up my DeVille.

I don't know of any good way to do it. Honestly, what I would do is sell the Line 6 and buy Danelectro pedals with the cash or find a cheap multi-fx unit. By me, cheap multi-fx can be found on craigslist all the time for less than 50 bucks

The more I play old tube amps the more I love my Line6 stuff but there is not a good way to do what you want. The problem is you can't seperate just the effect from the amp sims in the pod. You can run the out put from the Pod into the effects loop input but you will be adding the tone of the Line6 amp sims to your own amps tone.

I"ve always loved my Line 6 Spider Jam I have had for quite a while...

Some things can be a bit tricky, if your not using it all the time.

It does alot for the money, maybe some people don't like the sound,

but I aways have..

Sure my Fender Frontman sounds better, but for just monkeying around with, it's just fine.. smiley-music017.gif

Archived