Gibson Brands Forums

XAVIER meets GENESIS....

musicmaker99

How about the Granddaddy of them all: [thumbup]

2737569570_e43c859cfb.jpg

Sweet!!! I've NEVER seen one before!

At first it sounded like this thread was like a "Godzilla meets Mothra" thing.

BUT, since we're dropping names and pics......

XAVIERE meets GENESIS meets GUILD meets JAY TURSER JT-200 PRO (Stock)

100_0294.jpg

100_0291.jpg

100_0292.jpg

I had a friend that traded a nice old Epiphone triumph for a really nice SG2000 (looking back, I think he got boned). But that SG2000 was great to play, and I'd borrow it as much as I could. The thing would sustain all day. Talk about heavy though, it was like wearing a cinder block around your neck.

Hey, wait a minute![thumbup]

O.k. they're not quite the same but pretty close!

EPI GENESIS:

img9610u.jpg

I can't help but notice that beautiful 67-69 Twin there with the replaced newer made grill cloth.

No worries-you just CAN'T find the original type cloth, unless you buy a vintage cab and rob it. And the silver border? Forget about it.

What is great is that the amp is obviously restored and made to play.

What else you can't really get? A genuine 85 watt black faced twin circuit without buying a geniune 85 watt twin amp.

I can't help but notice that beautiful 67-69 Twin there with the replaced newer made grill cloth.

No worries-you just CAN'T find the original type cloth, unless you buy a vintage cab and rob it. And the silver border? Forget about it.

What is great is that the amp is obviously restored and made to play.

What else you can't really get? A genuine 85 watt black faced twin circuit without buying a geniune 85 watt twin amp.

Interesting you should say this about the cloth. I bought the TR at GC just a couple weeks ago and the other day was talking to the salesman that took it in. I was telling him how awesome it was, etc, etc and he said that he thought the face cloth had been replaced but otherwise everything was stock.

So, do you think this is a 67-69? I have it as a '70 based on the transformer codes...didn't even consider that when the grill was replaced the silver border might have not been put back on for one reason or another.

She sounds absolutely amazing! It even came with an extra set of tubes and has the footswitch. Truly, this is the holy grail of cleans (although I just picked up an MTS 3200 CARVIN head, also noted for its cleans and I must say it gives the TR a run for its money--great tube driven reverb too!).

Every time I see a picture of an Ibanez AR ... I cry just a little inside.

'Baby' won't take no jibba-jabba blubbering [crying]

PS: Polished these floors at Chez H'omelette on the weekend, & they look hot [thumbup]

asat10611005.jpg

Archived