Gibson Brands Forums

Help me identify this guitar

w1av

Hello,

I picked up this guitar today for a song....however there is NO identification in any way! It is a Les Paul clone heavily modified....Gibson tuners, roller bridge, push-pull phase switching for pickups which look like maybe GFS "hot rails" type. It has a SWEET tone and nice feel...a great guitar to take out to open mics etc. Here are some pics if anyone can help identify it....the headstock has some kind of plate missing cause there are 2 small screw holes....the truss rod cover gone....the fret board has these split diamond shapes.....and the lower horn is pointy....set neck.....NICE finish.....body is a thin line.......the guts have been replaced with orange caps and new wiring......new pots......well can anyone give me a clue to what it may be? The guy said it was an Xaviere but I couldnt find a match on their website.....he claimed it is an "xv 700" but I looked on Youtube and none of the people playing xv 700 guitars look like mine.....then I thought maybe it's an Agile????? Those fret markers may be a dead giveaway but I just cant place them to a certain brand........?????????????????????????????? HELP! CLICK ON THUMBNAILS for bigger view!

post-20641-089117300 1310336605_thumb.jpg

post-20641-061288800 1310336611_thumb.jpg

post-20641-091966500 1310336616_thumb.jpg

The logo at the top reminds me of the Pyramid brand name.They were a Japanese company that made pretty good copies of Gibsons,Rics,Hofners and Fenders back in the late 60s-early 70s.The Agile name also came to mind first too.

Archived