Gibson Brands Forums

SG Classic

AS90

I got one in Heritage Cherry. It really does growl & snarl. The first day I got it I played it through my BIL's Fender Concert. It just came alive. I changed the tuners on it to the LP Std (Tulip) type of tuners. Nothing was wrong with the originals except I didn't quite like the looks of them. I'd post a pic but I haven't figured out how yet.

Great guitar. You'll enjoy it.

• 7 months later...

I have an HC of which I been known to do un-natural things with. If I let 'er go she screams like a wild babboon. Talk about feedback! Yow, I think that I killed my mini Crate doing a Jimi Hendrix imitation.

I just have to keep the volumes knobs down when I'm not playing cuz the hum is really loud.

The fret board reminds me of my first girl friend.

Musicians Friend, one of the biggest online retailers of Genuine Gibson and Epiphone products and also often stocking "custom" versions exclusive to themselves. AFAIK the classic with P90s is currently only available on MF

Musicians Friend

I call them the MFers.

:-)

You guys realize this thread was seven months old when Geff resurrected it?

Anyhow, I had an SG Classic in Cherry and I shouldn't have sold it.

It's in the pics in my signature if you care to see it.

I know Im going to regret asking but ........... explain

Geff, you remember that feeling when you were young and you'd first get your hand up under that soft sweater and find those soft creamy delights?

Well, that what I feel when I reach my hand under my SG's neck

I may have a good deal on an SG Classic' date=' any one have one? Post some pics or tell me what they are like.

[/quote']

I have this one and really like it. Its a very versitial guitar. I like the clean tone using the bridge pickup as much as the same position using my Strat.

248960942_o.jpg

Hey Fartz.

That a pretty cool looking rig you have there. Did you mount that Bigsby and if so do you have any left over holes in the body?

I think that those Bigsbys are the only vibratos that really do the job right and without a million little knobs. Congrats!

That Bigsby on an SG Raw Power would dissuade any inclinations of some smuck to purchase a Strat...copy... just have to split the pups... OMG ! What have I done???

Hope you don't mind people calling you Fartz....

If the neck of your SG feels like what was under her sweater she must have been one skinny chick!

I know what you mean though.

Geff, yeah and the binding on the neck kinda look like tan lines too...

BTW, total respect to all ladies (and moderators) that may stumble on this post, I hope that you can appreciate my love of all things beautiful.

Archived