Gibson Brands Forums

Hot Enough For You?

TommyK

my ac is running low on r-22 so i called a service tech to fix it, he won't be here until after lunch on monday...i called him late on friday and i DIDN'T want to pay the after hours fee. now i wish i had. it's day 3 with only fans and open windows and 113 heat index. i tried to hang out at the local shopping mall but they keep on eyeing me like they are going to have arrested for loitering. the bar is closed on sunday.

my ac is running low on r-22 so i called a service tech to fix it, he won't be here until after lunch on monday...i called him late on friday and i DIDN'T want to pay the after hours fee. now i wish i had. it's day 3 with only fans and open windows and 113 heat index. i tried to hang out at the local shopping mall but they keep on eyeing me like they are going to have arrested for loitering. the bar is closed on sunday.

As stupid as this sounds, I've heard of people putting shirts in the freezer and rotating them as they warm up.

Oh man....i golfed 36 holes yesterday. It was amazingly hot. Temps hovered around 115 F all day....i had a layer of sweat covering my arms all day and drank 4 big bottles of gatorade plus about 4 liters of water and didn't hit the mens room once all day. Just sweat it all out.

Now that was HOT!!!

I just got back from Haiti, 96-100 degrees F with ridiculous humidity. The dry 93 here was like heaven!

The group I was with went back to a forecast that was 7 days avging about 105.

My daughter found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR9CA8lJGvs

There's always the 'swamp cooler'. Drape a wet towel over a window opening, Place a box fan in another window, facing out. Turn the fan on. The air drawn through the wet towel will be cooled. Keep the towel wet. In some parts of the world they use a drip system which keeps the usual window screen fairly soaking wet.

Some folks make them out of ice chests and use them to cool their camping tents:

Archived