Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Funny Commercials

Tman5293

TV ads tend to make American men seem dumb and shallow. Like this guys reasons for a macho car which we all know is a way for compensating for a percieved inadequacy.

Look at lite beer ads. The guys in those seem to prefer horrible beer over beautiful women. There's one with the sexy alien babes looking to "treblicate" and all the Earthmen drop everything including their own beautiful women to be with the aliens with the lite beer. And then the women left behind together cheer: "Yahoo! The guys are gone!" That one is a bit homoerotic. I think it's supposed to be funny.

The funniest ad that comes immediately to mind was the one during the Super Bowl with the kid in the Darth Vader costume.

I've become so disgusted with the pure idiocy of commercials that I automatically either leave the room or mute the TV.The most assinine commercial these days is the one for Trident gum where a guy actually marries a stick of gum and it ends off with his buddy romantically dancing with one.I found that commercial so repulsive and absolutely stupid that it prompted me to write the company and tell them that I'd never buy another pack of Trident as long as this idiotic bit of drivel is on the air.Another one I find almost as stupid is where 2 or 3 bimboes walk along singing Dancing in the Streets while snacking on Dare cookies and passing then around.

Commercials thse days are aimed squarely at the hopelessly obtuse and very rarely show any kind of wit and absolutely no thought goes into the development of most of them.

I just saw an ad which in itself is not really funny but it does make me laugh. It's a Subaru ad in which the overly protective father is talkingbto his daughter about driving safely. You see a 5 year old in the seat who turns into his driving age daughter as the ad goes on. The voice over is talking about how he knew this day would come. Looking at his daughter you see that driving safety is not his real worry. This daughter puts Scarlett Jo0hanssen to shame. It makes me laugh.

Archived