Gibson Brands Forums

guitar rigs

chris.

what your set up? do you prefer simple rigs just amp guitar? complicated? or normal? persoanlly i like wierd effects and thanks to technology i only need two pedals to satisfy my tone and effect thirst rp 1000 and m13

what your set up? do you prefer simple rigs just amp guitar? complicated? or normal? persoanlly i like wierd effects and thanks to technology i only need to pedals to satisfy my tone and effect thirst rp 1000 and m13

I'll add my reply tomorrow......I have so much gear, etc etc.....

what your set up? do you prefer simple rigs just amp guitar? complicated? or normal? persoanlly i like wierd effects and thanks to technology i only need two pedals to satisfy my tone and effect thirst rp 1000 and m13

Usually I do use some pedals with my JCA20, like delay and either a Way Huge Pork Loin or a Bad Monkey...nowadays I prefer a simple two amp rig, my JCA20 and a tweed type amp, which at this point is my Fender Champ 600.

I have 2 basic gigging setups.The first is a Vox AD 120 VTH with a 4-12 BN cabinet and a VC 12 Footcontroller and I plug my effects direct into the amp and bypass the effects loop.MY second rig is: Guitar into effects into a Marshall JCM 800 4210 into an Ibanez DM 1000 Digital Delay with the delay signal going to a '69 Fender Bassman with a 2-15 cab and a Leslie model 16 and the dry signal going into Marshall JCM 800 2204 stack.With the Leslie engaged the delay signal gets thrown all over the place giving a real spacey sound as it's hard to tell where the sound is coming from.

I prefer a simpler pedal setup. I run my guitar through a Crybaby wah, a CS-3 for a crispy/punchy tone, and a Morely volume plus pedal. Any weird effect that I desire can be enabled with my foot switch that came with my Fender Mustang V, which is a great amp for versatility.

Archived