Gibson Brands Forums

Plans for a New Pedalboard!!!!

kaleb

Im gonna build ( as in assemble ) a new pedalboard sometime. A Pedaltrain Pt-2 with a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+. Upgrading my Cry Baby to a Cry Baby 535Q and my cheesy Boss tuner to a TC Electronic Polytune. Keeping my Ibanez Airplane Flanger as my only modulation effect. AND a couple o' dirt boxes: a Barber Direct Drive ( to give me a little gain boost. My Prowler is set for an AC/DC type crunch with more volume than preamp gain. The Barber will boost me up to EVH territory without making my tone fizzy which simply turning up the amp gain would do. Its kinda like a less gainy version of a BB Preamp, OCD, or even their own Barber B-Custom Super Sport ), as well as a Maxon OD-9 ( well, ya know what thats for ). The order will be: Cry Baby 535Q--Polytune--Airplane Flanger---Direct Drive---OD-9---amp. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Cool, can't wait for photos.

I actually threw (not literally) my pedalboard in the closet today because I was having power issues. I could hook it up with my large array of 9v adapters, but that would take up a lot of space, so I figured, what the hell I don't really need to use pedals. I may have to buy a Dc Brick of something.

Im gonna build ( as in assemble ) a new pedalboard sometime. A Pedaltrain Pt-2 with a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+. Upgrading my Cry Baby to a Cry Baby 535Q and my cheesy Boss tuner to a TC Electronic Polytune. Keeping my Ibanez Airplane Flanger as my only modulation effect. AND a couple o' dirt boxes: a Barber Direct Drive ( to give me a little gain boost. My Prowler is set for an AC/DC type crunch with more volume than preamp gain. The Barber will boost me up to EVH territory without making my tone fizzy which simply turning up the amp gain would do. Its kinda like a less gainy version of a BB Preamp, OCD, or even their own Barber B-Custom Super Sport ), as well as a Maxon OD-9 ( well, ya know what thats for ). The order will be: Cry Baby 535Q--Polytune--Airplane Flanger---Direct Drive---OD-9---amp. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Why not just get a Voodoo Labs Iso 5?

Also.. why would you put the Polytune after the Crybaby? Just curious. That's a pretty weird order for pedals especially since you don't have them yet lol. I'm not one for the prescribed method 100% of the time, but why switch it way up before you've tried it the regular way or the switched up way?

I played the AF-2 thru the rig today ( its at my bass player's house. We're relatives so lets just say im over there all the time. My second home ). Reminded me of why I went on an anti-modulation thing for a month. Its a little too over the top for what I do, and its kind of a tone suck ( kids, even true-bypass pedals suck tone ). Plus, it has the problem that is found with all phasers and flangers: the frequency sweep still rings in your head even when bypassed ( a HUGE drag when youre trying to play AC/DC tunes. Btw its ALWAYS AC/DC day at my house. Walk All Over You, Back in Black, Live Wire, and Have a Drink On Me are the ultimate test tunes for a good amp, guitar, pickup, or overdrive pedal. ). Maybe its just me. Cant really USE the flanger. But I hooked up my old Dod Stereo Chorus and found many great tones ( a standard Lifeson-esqe chorus, a Leslie warble, a cool doubling/metallic whirl, and a super trippy space ship tone with the speed cranked that I like to call "Super Leslie 5000" ). I forgot how cool chorus can be. I aint going back into the strange worlds of flanging and phasing. As far as standard modulation goes im sticking with chorus/vibrato ( Uni-Vibe is cool ). I do want a GNI Analog Stereo Dual Chorus ( so I can switch from Lifeson chorus to acid chorus on the fly. Plus its one of the best chorus sounds ive heard ever, and thats including the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble ). Oh, and I keep wah before tuner for asthetics and the sake of my foot placement.

That looks cool dem00n.

Kaleb have you checked out the Dr Scientist Cosmichorus? For my tastes, it is the greatest chorus/vibrato ever. It has some pretty *****in flanger tones too, and I HATE flanger. I hate chorus too and I ******* love this pedal.

Archived