Gibson Brands Forums

1966 reissue epi sg custom g-400

dvolante

Hey everyone I just bought this guitar off of ebay for $157, I cant find it anywhere else and was wondering if this was a good deal, what year these were made and basically anything else you guys could help tell me. Thanks in advance for the help!

I've had a few 1966's I see £150 as a fare price so at $150 you did well

BUT we need pics as the 1966 is model prone to counterfitting so please supply images especially of the headstock...

UPDATE

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-SG-Limited-Edition-1966-G-400-Custom-Shop-/200633299816?pt=Guitar&hash=item2eb6ad3368

I know my stuff [thumbup]

$(KGrHqIOKjoE4h6lbJe,BOIwWfyrN!~~_3.JPG

I say FAKE [scared]

It has ALOT of the things that were on my false White version...

Is it really? wow i hope mine isnt, I dont have pictures but this is it through the ebay page i won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200633299816&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1363

If you've paid I'd demand your money ASAP counterfits have poor electronics and are built BADLY, on mine the truss was loose!

So whats wrong with this gibby headstock?

Well first off a BIN of £300 for a GIBSON is far to cheap even 2nd hand...

regarding the neck its the USA FLAG stamp I have no knowledge of that type of stamp on a Gibson neck. I've seen many of the genuine ones usually Custom Shop & guitar of the month etc but I've not seen this one...

I looked at the Epi too and I don't notice anything that sticks out that would identify it as a fake...and If the chinese are using their guitars, then bringing them to the US before they sell them, we're really in trouble...I'd say his prices on the Gibbys are fair considering their condition, and 99.5% positive feedback, including from The Music Zoo's ebay store is not something you usually get dealing in fakes... I say the SG is real...

Well first off a BIN of £300 for a GIBSON is far to cheap even 2nd hand...

regarding the neck its the USA FLAG stamp I have no knowledge of that type of stamp on a Gibson neck. I've seen many of the genuine ones usually Custom Shop & guitar of the month etc but I've not seen this one...

I've seen the flag on several Gibson SGs and The Paul guitars before...I'm having dificulty finding one now...but I've definetly seen them, quite a bit...and $499 US for a used SG Special doesn't seem wrong to me...for the Epi, the EE doesn't look bigger than the rest to me at least...

I'm not so sure it's a fake either.

What's your reasoning behind telling this member not to pay for the guitar??

You say you were comparing it to your guitar? So tell us about the comparison. Or at least tell this other person who you have now worried.

I say FAKE [scared]

It has ALOT of the things that were on my false White version...

Hey there Snakey, are you for REAL ???

It's one thing to be helpful, but to scare the crap outa some poor guy because of your personal paranoia isn't a good thing.

We should apply the same standards to calling fakes as the legal system uses, "Beyond all Reasonable Doubt", it's unfair to the buyer's to be putting the FAKE fear of god into them without adequate proof, not to mention the poor sellers of legitimate standing.

Hey there Snakey, are you for REAL ???

It's one thing to be helpful, but to scare the crap outa some poor guy because of your personal paranoia isn't a good thing.

We should apply the same standards to calling fakes as the legal system uses, "Beyond all Reasonable Doubt", it's unfair to the buyer's to be putting the FAKE fear of god into them without adequate proof, not to mention the poor sellers of legitimate standing.

Yep I ###### Up this time didn't I [unsure]

Already apologised can't do much else...

Archived