Gibson Brands Forums

Brand New Epiphone Standard Plus

garrett786

Some Pictures of my new Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus(Cherry Sunburst). I recieved mine and my father recieved his Gibson Les Paul '08. This was his SECOND one which he sent back because of this:

THIS IS NOT MY GUITAR, IT IS MY FATHER'S 2ND ONE! HE WILL BE GETTING HIS THIRD ONE.

newlespaul.jpg

His first one had a scratch on the head stock. He will get his third one Friday.

Here are pictures of mine:

EpiphoneGuitar010.jpg

EpiphoneGuitar009.jpg

EpiphoneGuitar008.jpg

EpiphoneGuitar007.jpg

EpiphoneGuitar004.jpg

EpiphoneGuitar005.jpg

This guitar is beautiful!

Two thumbs up! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Beautiful guitfiddle garrett.

I always found myself taking one last glance while walking away when I first got mine. Never get tired of looking at a nice cherry burst LP!

Beautiful guitar, Garrett! I love cherrybursts (got two already, myself!)

That binding seperation on your Dad's Gibby looks PAINFUL! Where are you ordering these from (he asked, hoping to his very soul that it wasn't Guitar Center)? Either QC in Nashville has really fallen asleep at the switch, or that thing took SOME SHOT during transport to get that torqued in a hard shell case and packing carton!

I hope the next one is a winner for your Dad's sake. If not, you might want to introduce him to the pleasures of the Epiphone brand of guitars (and take the family on vacation with all the money he'll save!)

Happy New Guitar Day To You!

Jim

That binding seperation on your Dad's Gibby looks PAINFUL! Where are you ordering these from (he asked, hoping to his very soul that it wasn't Guitar Center)? Either QC in Nashville has really fallen asleep at the switch, or that thing took SOME SHOT during transport to get that torqued in a hard shell case and packing carton!

I hope the next one is a winner for your Dad's sake. If not, you might want to introduce him to the pleasures of the Epiphone brand of guitars (and take the family on vacation with all the money he'll save!)

Jim

Hey, could even take a trip to Vegas and buy the Epi at the GC there, I've heard tell there's a pretty special salesman there.

Jim

Well, he buys them from washington music center, but for the third one he is getting it from gibson themselves. The problem on the binding is acually the maple top because the bonding is not covering it. This is on alot of the guitars if you look at that spot, but this one is a horrible one,it very messing but it is very smooth so it is definatly part of the wood or finish.

At first he was thinking about living with it but he decided he wanted a perfect guitar for $2300 :huh: . If this is not right he is going to think about getting one from a place that handmakes them, forgot who it was. I find my epiphone a great guitar, but he does not want a chinese made guitar. Oh well!

Thanks for your reply!

Archived