Gibson Brands Forums

anyone else?

Silenced Fred

I use to hate mowing the yard when I was a kid and that pretty much lasted until I bought my first home, then it was my yard and I owned the grass so it was kind of fun trying to make sure it always looked good. Now I'm older and have gotten pretty lazy I guess so I have a company take care of the yard and all I take care of by myself now is the garden and the greenhouse We live in a neighborhood that requires 70% of the front yards be grass and there all continuous so it looks like one big yard. we use recharged water pumped from several manmade lakes so our water is much cheaper so it's pretty common in this neighborhood for the main service to take care of the front yards so it always looks good.

I love mowing. I used to have an 1.25 acre lot on a hill and looked forward to mowing on my days off. Me, my Cadet, and the essential drink holder.

yeah, but you had a riding mower and a beer. i have a push mower and water when i get inside...

It used to be I didn't mind it, we only have a very small yard. But a couple of months back I sprayed for weeds with the wrong stuff and killed most of the grass. Since then it's a huge pain because the weeds grow back so fast and the grass is taking forever - I'm considering green cement for the whole lot... [unsure]

We've been getting just enough moisture here that I have to mow every week in this blistering hot weather. The only thing it killed off were my 2 blueberry bushes I planted this spring, I'm a little mad about that.

I have over an acre of lawn to mow,it used to take 8 hours with a regular gas mower,then we got a self propelled one that cut it down to 5 but that was still too much so then we bought a lawn tractor/mower that cuts it down to about 1 1/4 hrs.The beauty of a tractor is that with a cart hooked up to it you can haul around mulch,soil and compost etc.without breaking your back pushing a wheelbarrow plus with a lot of them you can add a plow or snowblower for winter.

Archived