Gibson Brands Forums

strat replacement neck for made in china guitars?

dem00n

Well, actually, I think the thing to do would be to get a "normal" strat neck and make it work on the Chinese body. THAT makes it an upgrade. The necks on the Chinese strats are the worst part of the guitar.

Besides, a neck usually cost between 100 to 300 bucks. But the minimum cost for a neck is more than the cost of buying a whole Chinese strat to rob the neck from, so I don't think anyone would make them.

dem00n.....I just put this StewMac (Mighty Mite) neck on a Chinese Strat & couldn't be happier....

nice wood (even a bit of flame on the neck) nice f/b, medium frets that were finished to perfection, 10"-16" compound radius f/b, pre-slotted nut that was actually done correctly.....

I was skeptical, but it was a direct fit, (screw-holes are NOT drilled) and using StewMacs "trade secrets" it went on perfectly, and the action after adjusting is as great as my American Deluxe Strat.....

here's a few pics...

GarysCam210.jpg

GarysCam207.jpg

GarysCam205.jpg

GarysCam200.jpg

I like it well enough that i'm getting one for a Tele i'm currently building, and at $147 it comes complete for the same cost Warmoth wants for a neck without frets, nut, or finish.

dem00n.....I just put this StewMac (Mighty Mite) neck on a Chinese Strat & couldn't be happier....

nice wood (even a bit of flame on the neck) nice f/b, medium frets that were finished to perfection, 10"-16" compound radius f/b, pre-slotted nut that was actually done correctly.....

I was skeptical, but it was a direct fit, (screw-holes are NOT drilled) and using StewMacs "trade secrets" it went on perfectly, and the action after adjusting is as great as my American Deluxe Strat.....

here's a few pics...

GarysCam210.jpg

GarysCam207.jpg

GarysCam205.jpg

GarysCam200.jpg

I like it well enough that i'm getting one for a Tele i'm currently building, and at $147 it comes complete for the same cost Warmoth wants for a neck without frets, nut, or finish.

Sweet! [thumbup]

From a guy that has bought a buttload of necks, I prefer the Warmoth. They do come however you want, but the reason I prefer them is the accuracy of the shape of the headstock, the quality of the wood, and the details of the contours. They are actually more accurate than what Fender is making. (if you are comparing a vintage strat).

Archived