Gibson Brands Forums

Like I need another guitar......

slide-n-bend

Well, the idea was to upgrade my natural '98 Samick Sherry. New pickup switch, pots and Duncan Seth Lovers would have run over $500 I suppose. But then I figured, what the hell, and bought the Epi Limited Edition Les Paul Custom Blackback! I could only find it on Musicians Friend and GC. I used my GC credit card because I got the 10% discount coupon, it was "on sale" and, no interest for 12 months. At $585 I couldn't resist. Now I just have to hope it plays any where near like my sheraton. Should arrive by Thursday.

I'm 50 or 60 guitars short of what I want.

But then, once I get there, I'm sure I'll be 50 or 60 short anyway.

Once you do get your new LP, make sure to post pictures and maybe a review so that we have an idea of how it plays and how it sounds and so on.

And gratz!

Woah, baby! That "blackback" is a smokin' hot guitar ... you're gonna love it!

We got exactly one in the store which I sold before it even got a price tag on it. I've been waiting for another to show up ever since. Here's the thread I started about it:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/67846-snapshot-review-epiphone-limited-edition-les-paul-custom-blackback/page__p__920018__hl__blackback__fromsearch__1#entry920018

Congrats in advance!

Jim

Archived