Gibson Brands Forums

it's sunday evening!

S t e v e

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farns...

As long as I can keep fooling Father Time...

m

MILOD:

You are always reliable to give us wisdom, knowledge, in a way that is full of humility, passion, and compassion uncommon for a man of your age and experience.

In my book, you ARE Father Time.

Well... It's now Thursday, Aug. 11, 2011. My birthday.

I'm at work. Will continue through the evening, although it'll be more fun tonight with a professional rodeo rough stock riding event - bulls and broncs for me to "shoot" with the trusty camera.

A bit different sorta thing than in London this past week, I think.

Oh, I'm 36 again... Sorta. <chortle>

m

A Day Late But Anyways..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Stein et al...

Thanks for the nice words...

Actually the folks on this forum seem, even when there's a bit of flaming, to be concerned and caring.

The "kids" <grin> - those under 40, and almost especially those under 20, wanna learn and I think especially in the forum, wanna learn more than just guitar. We older folks can only offer our caring and experience, they'll make their own mistakes as I know I've made mine.

Guitar players who continue into their 70s and 80s have always seemed, by the way, to be some of the more balanced and internally happy people I've known throughout my own life. I think the guitar lends itself to being a personal outlet, but also a way to remain creative and truly alive. I've known a lotta 40 and 50 year olds who quit playing and would be far better off if they got back to pickin'.

m

Archived