Gibson Brands Forums

Clint Eastwood

Duende

I am a big fan of his directing and despite the poor reviews, loved his film Hereafter. For those that don't know, it connects three stories of a little boy in London who loses his twin brother, a French journalist who survives a tsunami, but experiences a near death experience that makes her investigate the after life (and ignore what now seems trivial; her job!) then there is a retired medium from America who is played by Matt Damon.

I loved the film and the score equally and it was another musical creation of the talented Clint Eastwood [thumbup] I hadn't released until googling a few minutes ago that he was awarded an honourary doctor of music from Berkely too.

Here are some clips from the score - beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VciGVAZ35FA

the beginning is Clint's arrangement of the beautiful second movement of Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto - he then develops it into his own music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9auqsx7DlR4

I agree Clint Eastwood is a talented actor, director and musician

I have enjoyed many of his films and particularly like the Lalo Schifrin scores for Dirty Harry

Clint is a self-confessed frustrated jazz musician with a deep love of Charlie Parker's and many more music

My one caveat is his track record with partners/girlfriends

Selfish bordering on misogynist

Otherwise he's a well cool dude who has brought fine cinema to millions.....

V

:-({|=

Oouch V

That was written so *****y LOL He who is without sin... and all that...;)

back on topic; a friends of ours interviewed him a few years back and said he was completely disinterested in discussing Dirty Harry - and for that matter, any film/project from the past. He was though, despite his senior years, completely forward looking and focussed on what he was

involved now and what he was doing next.

Matt

I appreciate the old dudes who have reached a place in their life where they no longer care about what the masses think, and just do their thing because it makes them happy. Clint is very much on that list. Clapton is there. There are others. I raise my thumb to them. [thumbup]

Eastwood is brilliant. I saw 2 films, "Flags of our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwojima" and both were brilliant, and brilliant as a result of Eastwood.

BTW..you want to know what the difference is between me and Mr. Eastwood?

He is an actor.

Archived