Gibson Brands Forums

Alex Lifeson's Gear Explained in Detail

rocketman

So, after almost selling my AL230 Lifeson ES-355 because of all the tuning problems and humming electronics, after fixing all the tuning problems with a roller bridge, locking tuners, and a couple of minor tweaks, and realizing that the hot/ground wires to each of the pups were neither twisted pair nor shielded so I fixed that = no hum, I decided I really love it now and it's a keeper. Even when it was screwed up it was still the tone monster of my collection so that's a good thing.

So, today I ran across a crimson red Lifeson Axcess LP and guess what the serial number was? AL230

The angels like came down from the heavens and said unto me, thou shalt buyeth. Or something like that anyway . . . :unsure: It's still a bit foggy.

So, never before buying a signature guitar, I now have BOTH Lifeson guitars and they have the exact same serial number. AL230.

My birthday is not until next week but this day will do! [thumbup]

Will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Though I buy guitars to play, this should make for a pretty nice collector's pair, I would think. [drool]

Very nice!! Enjoy them!!!! [thumbup]

So, after almost selling my AL230 Lifeson ES-355 because of all the tuning problems and humming electronics, after fixing all the tuning problems with a roller bridge, locking tuners, and a couple of minor tweaks, and realizing that the hot/ground wires to each of the pups were neither twisted pair nor shielded so I fixed that = no hum, I decided I really love it now and it's a keeper. Even when it was screwed up it was still the tone monster of my collection so that's a good thing.

So, today I ran across a crimson red Lifeson Axcess LP and guess what the serial number was? AL230

The angels like came down from the heavens and said unto me, thou shalt buyeth. Or something like that anyway . . . :unsure: It's still a bit foggy.

So, never before buying a signature guitar, I now have BOTH Lifeson guitars and they have the exact same serial number. AL230.

My birthday is not until next week but this day will do! [thumbup]

Will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Though I buy guitars to play, this should make for a pretty nice collector's pair, I would think. [drool]

And, whodathunk that since I keep losing my a$$ in the stock market that investing in guitars would be worthwhile?

A luthier collector friend of mine seems to think having both Lifeson's, same serial number, will be worth twice what I paid for them as a set . . . if I find the right idiot that is, er um, I mean collector when the time comes.

And, the 50th R9 could even appreciate over time. Plus I was able to get it at a friend's employee discount so that helped a bunch.

Actually, it will be the wife after I die as I intend to "appreciate playing" them until then . . .

Thanks, how does that idiom go?

Even a blind squirrel stumbles across an acorn every now and then?

Usually I would stumble across the AL-230 Lifeson Axcess the day after I sold my AL-230 Lifeson ES-355.

Just a shame it took so much work to get a $3K+ ES-355 playing right. And sadly, I probably hurt its value in the process since it's no longer stock. I can change it back easily enough for a purist collector.

Plays great now though so glad I fixed it and kept it for more reasons than one now.

Archived