Gibson Brands Forums

Have a NGD in NY

Not-Too-Late

Got a lot of money to spend? Well here you go.

Thanks for the heads up....I'm packing as I write!

Seriously, I don't know Richard Gere but, I would rather read something like:

"Gere says he's parting with the instruments to support humanitarian causes around the world."

Than:

Another rich and famous idiot is in trouble for doing something incredibly stupid with his/her money.

Don't get me wrong. I'm have no illusions. I'm sure this will benefit him as well. (one way or another)

Still, good news is good news. Better than sitting around putting money up his nose.

Got a link to pics of the collection?

Willy

Thanks for the heads up....I'm packing as I write!

Seriously, I don't know Richard Gere but, I would rather read something like:

"Gere says he's parting with the instruments to support humanitarian causes around the world."

Than:

Another rich and famous idiot is in trouble for doing something incredibly stupid with his/her money.

Don't get me wrong. I'm have no illusions. I'm sure this will benefit him as well. (one way or another)

Still, good news is good news. Better than sitting around putting money up his nose.

Got a link to pics of the collection?

Willy

I looked for a link, but to no avail. Considering he's selling them, you would think that he would do just that.

My exact feeling. I'm sure that if you or I owned those same guitars, do you think we could rake in a cool million like they are saying? Not on your nellie!

I'm sure we could. He has a collection of vintage guitars that regardless of whom owns them or played them are probably worth a fortune. We are not talking about 2010 Gibson Les Paul’s or Fender Strats. I'm sure the auction will be of 1959 Les Paul or 1957 Strat ilk. His auction has yet to be posted so I don't know what's in the catalog but have a look at some of these past sales:

nice gear

I'm sure we could. He has a collection of vintage guitars that regardless of whom owns them or played them are probably worth a fortune. We are not talking about 2010 Gibson Les Paul’s or Fender Strats. I'm sure the auction will be of 1959 Les Paul or 1957 Strat ilk. His auction has yet to be posted so I don't know what's in the catalog but have a look at some of these past sales:

nice gear

$847,500 . . . not too shabby. I wonder if a guitar has or will ever top the mil mark?

Hey --- give the guy a little credit. Evidently he's succeeded at something none of the rest of us have --- he's found a cure for Gere Acquisition Syndrome! [laugh]

LOL And for the cure, all it takes is a little of that green stuff . . . well perhaps a lot more of that green stuff. [biggrin]

Archived