Gibson Brands Forums

Storm at Pukkelpop

Bldsnn

Guest farnsbarns

I'm not being funny, and I feel for those hurt, and their families, but people have got to stop putting up flimsy stages and tents in storm regions. It's hardly brain surgery after all.

I'm not being funny, and I feel for those hurt, and their families, but people have got to stop putting up flimsy stages and tents in storm regions. It's hardly brain surgery after all.

I am in Belgium and believe me storms like that never happened, I use to go in most of the summer festival here in Belgium.

I think that is very sad, but it is natural cause accident, no one can foreseen it :(

Happy to ear that your friends and family are ok.

it really was actually a freak storm, nothing like that ever happens around here... but it did...

It got me thinking...

There has to be a way to build stages that can withstand this kind of weather or just be able to come down safely.

I'm no expert in physics but it has to be possible right? msp_confused.gif

it really was actually a freak storm, nothing like that ever happens around here... but it did...

It got me thinking...

There has to be a way to build stages that can withstand this kind of weather or just be able to come down safely.

I'm no expert in physics but it has to be possible right? msp_confused.gif

ALL pics of the stage show NO cross bracing..................Duh.....g*d d*am* idiots......Please, com on...WTF......

Yeah we had 60+ mile and hour winds with gusts in the low 70 mph rip through Phoenix again last night. It's pretty normal for us in the summer actually so we build for it, but we have festival tents and temporary buildings torn out almost every year. Not sure what happened in some of these area's but people have forgotten to F&%%ing run when weather like this hits. You can't stand around in tents and temporary buildings when mother nature deciders to throw a tantrum.

Last year it was all the news here for a day or so when some guy was struck by lighting and killed while playing golf. I mean really we have one of the highest number of lighting strikes of anywhere in the world between Tucson and Phoenix during our summer Monsoon season, the last year I saw hard numbers for was 2006 and there was 600000 lighting strikes in Arizona that year. And people were surprised he was killed standing in a open field of grass holding a metal stick??? I had a large steel barn structure come apart two years ago in a wind storm it just disintegrated the last place I would be in a storm like that is standing in a tent or under a big metal awning.

I feel sorry again for all affected but a word of advice if you see heavy storm and high wind run...

Archived