Gibson Brands Forums

Good Chrome/Gold Polish

Aster1

Hello everyone,

In one of my started threads I promised to share what I have found as THE BEST finish protector I've found to date for those chrome, gold, and brass plated parts on your guitar (and any other for that matter).

First and foremost, I have NO affiliation in any way with this company outside of a really happy product user!!!

I came across this a couple of years ago as a polished metal, paint, and windscreen protector for my Harley's. I'm very particular with my painted finishes and gold plated or nickel chrome plated parts on the bikes. With regard to my guitars, I've been VERY displeased with the products to protect, esp. the gold tuners/PUP's, on my guitars. Most all either perform poorly or actually have removed some of the plating on the gold pieces. Not so bad on the chrome stuff. Also, I have bought several guitars for my collection where the previous owner wasn't that careful, or had acidic issues with their skin, and allowed tarnish or prints on the plating. Cleans up the metal nice. I have had to use something like "Never Dull" wadding in the can on some of the toughest tarnishes first then Black Pearl to final clean/protect. Keeps the finger prints down on the tuning key nice too!!

Black Pearl:

BlackPearlProtectant.jpg

Works great, cleans, shines, and protects the plated metal parts fantastically. Pricey, at $15 per bottle, but worth every penny IMHO. It's made about 40 miles from me in Iowa. I have had great luck with it on the metal & paint on the Harley's and all my guitar metal parts. Will be experimenting with it on delicate finishes on a guitar like my Ric's. None tougher to please than that. Of course on areas under stuff that is finished, like the removable pick guard and the like. The metals stuff just "glows" with luster when wiped on, buffed off with a "GOOD" microfiber cloth ( like a Meguire's auto paint detail cloth ). Not those cheap crappy things from the lumberyards & discount stores. Those are good for cleaning glass & crap you don't care about scratching.

My background is in engineering. I own a Technology business designing & installing Home Theaters, Lighting Controls, you know George Jetson type stuff. We have to manufacture all kinds of really custom-custom items all the time with machining, powder-coated or plated/anodized finishes for our really high end jobs/home.

I've waited until I have had about 1.5 yrs with no adverse reactions on the guitar metal parts before toting the praises on Black Pearl. [thumbup]

Hope you like it. You can find at most Harley shops or I'm sure online too from the factory in Boone IA. The parent company is "White Diamond" which I believe was their 1st product release. It's FANTASTIC to clean up worn chrome, aluminum (polishes alum to look almost a shinny as chrome) and the like. It is an abrasive product however and should NEVER be used on any Gold or thinly plated parts. It could rub right thru thin stuff I would presume.

Aster

Thanks Stiffhand. I know I don't have that many posts, all my old ones that use to be on the old Epiphone site don't count anymore. Some of us have to work all the time Fuzzy so's we can buy these expensive Gibson guitars & the polish to go with them!!! [biggrin]

What kind of "spam" could I have been selling anyway? [confused] Besides, people from I-oway don't spam.

Sorry, just thought others might like to know about something that really works good on gold & chrome.

Aster

Thanks Stiffhand. I know I don't have that many posts, all my old ones that use to be on the old Epiphone site don't count anymore. Some of us have to work all the time Fuzzy so's we can buy these expensive Gibson guitars & the polish to go with them!!! [biggrin]

What kind of "spam" could I have been selling anyway? [confused] Besides, people from I-oway don't spam.

Sorry, just thought others might like to know about something that really works good on gold & chrome.

Aster

My apologies. I didn't read the whole thing and it just seemed spammy like "buy this product now"

I'll go crawl back into my hole now

I am shocked that I have not heard of this AMAZING product before.....Absolutely shocked.....

If I order now, will shipping be free, and will they double my order if I order within the next fifteen minutes ?????

I am shocked that I have not heard of this AMAZING product before.....Absolutely shocked.....

If I order now, will shipping be free, and will they double my order if I order within the next fifteen minutes ?????

"I don't think so Tim!" In fact, I'm sure frt. if ordered from the factory will be on you. Anyway, if it were really a good "TV Offer" it would be "If ordered in the next 15 Mins we'll double your order and throw in Gold Humbucking PUP's with your prepaid order! Standard S&H charges (a meager $13.95) apply." [flapper]

All fun aside, it does work good. What do you all use? Spit & paper towels? Or don't you ever clean that stuff so you have that Macho AXE Man MOJO look?

Aster

"I don't think so Tim!" In fact, I'm sure frt. if ordered from the factory will be on you. Anyway, if it were really a good "TV Offer" it would be "If ordered in the next 15 Mins we'll double your order and throw in Gold Humbucking PUP's with your prepaid order! Standard S&H charges (a meager $13.95) apply." [flapper]

All fun aside, it does work good. What do you all use? Spit & paper towels? Or don't you ever clean that stuff so you have that Macho AXE Man MOJO look?

Aster

If it was on TV, wouldn't it be more like 3 easy payments of 49.99, but order now and we will give you 6 extra, plus a cloth, plus an extra cloth, etc.

You're so right!! I don't watch much for network TV anymore but that sounds just right.

I'm going to polish the gold hardware on my new Gretsch Duo-Jet Cadillac Green git now. What a beauty. Ooooopsy, said one of the other G words!!! [scared]

Bye,

Aster

Archived