Gibson Brands Forums

Case for my new Classic

ant7629

Hello all

I finally decided to bite the bullet and invest in an SG Classic. I have been trying to justify buying one as I already own a beautiful 80's SG, but this one comes with P90's, so that's more than enough justification right?

I am very impressed with the guitar, a beautiful instrument. However, I would like to invest in a Gibson hard case for it and the ones I can find online say "Gibson Gear" on side. I don't much care for this and would like one saying "Gibson USA" like my other Gibson cases. Is the true for all Gibson cases purchased separately from the guitar?

Thanks

Ant

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

If you don't mind the decal on the case I recommend an epiphone SG hardcase. Their similiar to Gibsons, well made for the price and safer to carry around [biggrin]

http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Case-G310-G400/dp/B0002D01JK/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1314483764&sr=1-1

Didn't think of that option. I have a couple of the recent Epiphone cases and like you say, they are well made. A lot better than the thin shell ones they were selling in the 90's.

TKL has a consumer division called Cedar Creek Cases. Although the cases they build would not have the Gibson name, they can supply a case for most any new or vintage instrument. Their phone number is 1-800-370-2991

Archived