Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD~~!!!

IanMak3103

Beautiful!!!!!!!!

IMHO Would be stunning with Black PU rings and Pickguard [thumbup]

I think the Black pup rings is a good idea, but prior to that,

I've done a small mod. I've changed the pots, I think the black/silver high hats looks better [thumbup] , what do you guys think?

Here is the pic [biggrin]

Knobschanged01001.jpg

I've done a small mod. I've changed the pots, I think the black/silver high hats looks better [thumbup] , what do you guys think?

Ian, questions on the cosmetic appearance are indeed subjective, everyone has their own opinion, the only person it has to look good for is you yourself. That said, I much prefer the original speed knobs over the reflector top hat knobs, YMMV of course.

Ian, questions on the cosmetic appearance are indeed subjective, everyone has their own opinion, the only person it has to look good for is you yourself. That said, I much prefer the original speed knobs over the reflector top hat knobs, YMMV of course.

Thanks for your opinion, mate. I do love the top hats, maybe it's just my own taste, but I'll have them on for a while.

BTW, what's 'YMMV'? Sorry for my dumb question...

Your Mileage May Vary, in other words, your experience may be different.

Oh I see!! thanks for that, mate!

I'm really loving this guitar! What's more, I've just heard about the new Rocksmith game, that you can plug ur real git in and play.

I was just watching some trailers and demos, looks kinda cool.

Might wanna give that a try, maybe can even encourage my girlfriend to play and learn guitar, too!!

I've just heard about the new Rocksmith game, that you can plug ur real git in and play.

I was just watching some trailers and demos, looks kinda cool.

Might wanna give that a try, maybe can even encourage my girlfriend to play and learn guitar, too!!

Glad your so happy with it Ian, we had a thread on that Rocksmith game in the Epi Lounge a week or two back.

Hmmmmmm... I don't get it. I've had my 2006 LP Classic for 2 years WITHOUT

a PG, never had any issue with pick scratches = and I play everything from

Thin Lizzy to Mountain to Night Ranger to ZZ Top... Never did the "over the top"

motion thing - I can crank out the tones required without having to scratch up my git.

Perhaps it's about WHERE you place your picking hand? My own hand (it's mine and I cherish it),

rests on the stings just BEHIND the bridge. That way, I can just ROLL my hand toward the pickup

and do "palm-muting" or "pinch harmonics" as required. Don't know HOW I developed this trick,

just know it WORKS for ME!!! I do it without even thinking - my brain says: "do a pinch harmonic",

My hand just rolls, and my picking tecnique changes to produce the note...

Must be called = "technique". A slowly developed talent. Keep Practicing!!!!

Ahhhh, who the hell knows.....

a PG, never had any issue with pick scratches

I think it depends mainly on whether the git in question has an arched or a flat top, with an archtop you really have to scratch it almost on purpose, the relief afforded by the body arching away from the centre should give all the clearance anyone needs.

a PG, never had any issue with pick scratches = and I play everything from

Thin Lizzy to Mountain to Night Ranger to ZZ Top... Never did the "over the top"

motion thing - I can crank out the tones required without having to scratch up my git.

Perhaps it's about WHERE you place your picking hand? My own hand (it's mine and I cherish it),

rests on the stings just BEHIND the bridge. That way, I can just ROLL my hand toward the pickup

and do "palm-muting" or "pinch harmonics" as required. Don't know HOW I developed this trick,

just know it WORKS for ME!!! I do it without even thinking - my brain says: "do a pinch harmonic",

My hand just rolls, and my picking tecnique changes to produce the note...

Must be called = "technique". A slowly developed talent. Keep Practicing!!!!

Ahhhh, who the hell knows.....

Same here animal, mine came without PG when I traded for it, and it's still smooth and unblemished. But I have buddies that would wear a hole in their guitar if they didn't have a pickguard, so I can relate. With the finish on Epis, it's pretty tough to scratch them with a standard pick. Maybe if you used a coin like Brian May..

Same here animal, mine came without PG when I traded for it, and it's still smooth and unblemished. But I have buddies that would wear a hole in their guitar if they didn't have a pickguard, so I can relate. With the finish on Epis, it's pretty tough to scratch them with a standard pick. Maybe if you used a coin like Brian May..

If you had coin like Brian May you'ld just buy another geet [biggrin]

If you had coin like Brian May you'ld just buy another geet [biggrin]

If you were Brian May you'd more than likely just have another geet given to you.

Archived