Gibson Brands Forums

Isis - Stone to Wake a Serpent

Shnate McDuanus

I'm a fan. I got into them because of their early stuff (Mosquito Control, etc...). -They were so effin' heavy. After they started incorporating more melodic parts to their songs, I dug 'em even more. It just made the heavy parts heavier. I got to catch them years ago when they toured for Oceanic (2001 or 2002? I can't remember), then a couple years back when they toured with Red Sparowes. They were always a killer live band.

LOVE Isis. Here's one of my favorite songs, with a fan-made claymation video as an added bonus.

Spoiler: it doesn't end well for the little blue guy :-({|=

this was the first ISIS song i really got into with this clip...i love this band got a fb page for em listen to them alot they are such good musicians ..i dig mike gallaghers 70s wine red custom..pity they broke up.. ..would love to see em get back together

I'm a fan. I got into them because of their early stuff (Mosquito Control, etc...). -They were so effin' heavy. After they started incorporating more melodic parts to their songs, I dug 'em even more. It just made the heavy parts heavier. I got to catch them years ago when they toured for Oceanic (2001 or 2002? I can't remember), then a couple years back when they toured with Red Sparowes. They were always a killer live band.

i like the way they come from hardcore roots ..wavering radiant has so much ambient experimental

If the vocals bother you, which I can understand, check out Caspian:

Or Jakob:

these are both great tracks i will definitely check these bands out for sure..there are some great instrumental post rock/metal bands out there ..russian circles.. explosions in the sky..pelican ..its a terrific genre of music..hence my sudden splurge of comments [biggrin] haha ears pricked up there !!! [thumbup]

these are both great tracks i will definitely check these bands out for sure..there are some great instrumental post rock/metal bands out there ..russian circles.. explosions in the sky..pelican ..its a terrific genre of music..hence my sudden splurge of comments [biggrin] haha ears pricked up there !!! [thumbup]

Jakob has some similarities to Russian Circles: They're a three piece, guitarist uses looping (amazingly well, in both cases) to layer parts, drummer is unusually good... The end result is different in ways, but anyone that enjoys one can definitely expect to enjoy the other.

Jakob has some similarities to Russian Circles: They're a three piece, guitarist uses looping (amazingly well, in both cases) to layer parts, drummer is unusually good... The end result is different in ways, but anyone that enjoys one can definitely expect to enjoy the other.

thats great i really like learning about good bands..i will check out jakob for sure as i love the russian circles they are touring out here in oz at the moment..actually i am facebook friends with the drummer Dave Turncrantz..hes a great drummer..they are very friendly down to earth dudes..i like Mike Sullivans approach to the guitar..has a nice double cutaway les paul too..if you can post any other good bands i would appreciate it.. cheers [smile]

Archived