Gibson Brands Forums

Black Mountain!

Tman5293

Has anyone ever heard of the Canadian band Black Mountain? I just started listening to them. Found them while I was searching for modern bands that sound like classic rock bands (BTW if anyone has any suggestions for bands that fit that category let me know).

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmbmOVunEcc&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypHId8vOJw&feature=related

Was this in the New Music Thread, lost amongst the Cookie Monster vocals and Scooped Mids?

LOL! No but i am sure i posted these cats before...i do likes me some cookie monster vocals though. My tastes are pretty wide...but check out everything I post...there's a 57% chance you will like it. :) lol!!!

Was this in the New Music Thread, lost amongst the Cookie Monster vocals and Scooped Mids?

You mean amongst the hipster garbage and new bands that sound like old bands because they're too uncreative to do anything else?

Yeah, this forum could actually use more death growls, IMO. And "Cookie Monster vocals" misses the point entirely.

I minused your post, by the way. Enjoy your willful ignorance of good music.

You mean amongst the hipster garbage and new bands that sound like old bands because they're too uncreative to do anything else?

Yeah, this forum could actually use more death growls, IMO. And "Cookie Monster vocals" misses the point entirely.

Wow.................................msp_thumbdn.gif

Hell yeah! Been listening since their first album!

You should also check out Graveyard!

You sir, are my new best friend! I just took a listen to Graveyard and holy $hit they're fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Silent because you share the minority opinion on this matter. Only if you like classic rock, and are willing to devote your life on it are you willing to express an opinion.

Big Brother is watching you know...

Oh fxcking well.

This place needs more metalheads. Oh, too bad Gibson mostly appeals to Jimmy Page worshipers, blues fanatics, and people who generally like their music safe and mind-numbingly straightforward.

Oh fxcking well.

This place needs more metalheads. Oh, too bad Gibson mostly appeals to Jimmy Page worshipers, blues fanatics, and people who generally like their music safe and mind-numbingly straightforward.

You and dem00n are the only ones here that listen to that god awful stuff. msp_thumbdn.gif

It was cool when Bolt Thrower did it. 25 years later....not so much.

{edit}I forgot to mention, when I say "Cookie Monster Vocals" I'm quoting Dave Mustaine, The Godfather of All that's Metal. So I'm minusing your post for not knowing your Metal History.

This place needs more metalheads.

Eh! What do I look like? Well scratch that...i don't look like a metalhead but i loves me my metal...and a lot of other stuff...

And XDemonKnight....don't get mad at these cats for not liking metal...it ain't for everyone. Like The Eagles ain't for everyone. Like the Rolling Stones ain't for everyone.

You know..people like what they like.

I love metal. Have since before most of you kiddies were born. But these days most of it has become rather formulaic. Must have scooped mids. Must have cookie monster vocals. Must be tuned down to the key of #W. Must reject all melody in favor of shred. Most of that I can over look if it all comes together in a killer sound. But I just can't listen to the cookie monster vocals without busting out laughing no matter how good the band behind the singer is. It was at least novel back with Venom did it but it's just silly now.

Yep... I'm all old and stuff.

Archived