Gibson Brands Forums

Remember This Band?

bluesguitar65

Wow BG65 thanks for the memories with the Tygers video.I wasnt that familiar with the Sykes but discovered "Blue Murder" live in CT years ago and really dug his playing (even his vocals).So I guess I worked backwards through his career from Blue Murder,Whitesnake to the Tygers of Pan Tang.

I see even back then in the early 80's he had his black custom LP.Gibson made a signature copy of it but If I remember correctly it was around $12,000 a bit much,not that he wasnt a great guitarest but their was a lot more well known axe slingers with sig axes for a lot less cash.

BTW who was the other guitar player with the cherry custom LP and the mustache,on his face not his guitar B)

they are pretty good actually..you can hear a bit of soundgarden and kyuss in them..no doubt they were influenced by them..some good players came out in the 80s like paul gilbert steve vai joe satriani..i havent heard of these guys but they sound good

Wow BG65 thanks for the memories with the Tygers video.I wasnt that familiar with the Sykes but discovered "Blue Murder" live in CT years ago and really dug his playing (even his vocals).So I guess I worked backwards through his career from Blue Murder,Whitesnake to the Tygers of Pan Tang.

I see even back then in the early 80's he had his black custom LP.Gibson made a signature copy of it but If I remember correctly it was around $12,000 a bit much,not that he wasnt a great guitarest but their was a lot more well known axe slingers with sig axes for a lot less cash.

BTW who was the other guitar player with the cherry custom LP and the mustache,on his face not his guitar B)

The second guitar player is Robb Weir. He still has that mustache.

31258_artist.jpg?320

Here is another early 80s goodie again featuring John Sykes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOMoEf7euU&feature=related

Archived