Gibson Brands Forums

Wilco is the greatest band on the face of the earth

Silenced Fred

In my opinion, for what that's worth....Wilco, like all good bands,

is the sum of it's parts. All contribute. Jeff may be the guiding

force, but his solo projects (to me) sound nothing like "Wilco," really.

They aren't just Jeff's backing band...IMHO. I think they all contribute,

in their own creative ways. Just my 2-cent's worth...

CB

Oh definitely. and that's why I love Wilco so much because it wouldn't be the same without Tweedy, Cline, Stirratt, Kotche, Jorgenson, Sansone, whomever. However, without Tweedy, it wouldn't be Wilco

Like he says, its complete collaboration, especially lately. Everyone feeds off of each other to make the best they can, and that is why they are my favourite band

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't really listened to Wilco, but they intrigue me. I've heard Impossible Germany a few times, which I like, but that's about it. What album would you recommend for starters?

For me, it would be "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot," for starters...

And, watch the Documentary "I'm Trying To Break Your Heart," on the making of that album.

Both, are good places, to start...IMHO. Other folks, with have their favorites, as well.

CB

For me, it would be "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot," for starters...

And, watch the Documentary "I'm Trying To Break Your Heart," on the making of that album.

Both, are good places, to start...IMHO. Other folks, with have their favorites, as well.

CB

For me, Being There and Sky Blue Sky are my favorites, the whole love which just came out has some killer tracks, I'm not sure if it's my favorite album by them though.

Archived