Gibson Brands Forums

NPTD

Kiwi

So I finally felt it was time to build a pedal board. Got a Pedaltrain Nano in the mail yesterday together with two new pedals, the EHX Holy Grail and Micro POG. Both pedals, but especially the POG, are really neat. The POG might just be the coolest pedal I've ever seen, and it's really versatile in terms of settings considering it only has three knobs.

Anyway, here's a crappy iPhone pic, might take a better one later on:

img0500mr.jpg

Guitar -> Micro POG -> Tremolo -> Little Big Muff (fuzz) -> Holy Grail (reverb) -> Amp

And all pedals are powered with a 1spot. It's kind of a snug fit (I didn't really plan on adding both the Micro POG and Holy Grail, but it sort of happened anyway...), but it works just fine.

Awesome! I love my pedaltrain. I have a PT-1 but I'd like to get a smaller one like that too.

The POG is definately an awesome pedal. I'd get one but I'm already riding Jack White's coat tails enough as it is.

Yeah, I get what you mean about coat tail riding... I was going to get a Whammy at first, but then I kind of decided against it because I didn't want to rip off his setup completely and because I don't really like the glitchyness of that pedal either. I know Jack has a POG too though, erm, hush.

Yeah, I get what you mean about coat tail riding... I was going to get a Whammy at first, but then I kind of decided against it because I didn't want to rip off his setup completely and because I don't really like the glitchyness of that pedal either. I know Jack has a POG too though, erm, hush.

I wasn't trying to imply that you're copying Jack I didn't know if you were a fan or not. But I take a lot of influence from him as it is so I would just seem like a total wannabe if I used that type of effect.

There's nothing wrong with trying to get that sound because you're a fan anyways.

But yeah the POG seems to track a lot better than the Whammy. Like Searcy, I like the big version with the sliders but those are kindof impractically big and like I said I can't pull it off.

Tazzboy you stick the pedals on with velcro so they don't fall off.

I wasn't trying to imply that you're copying Jack I didn't know if you were a fan or not. But I take a lot of influence from him as it is so I would just seem like a total wannabe if I used that type of effect.

There's nothing wrong with trying to get that sound because you're a fan anyways.

But yeah the POG seems to track a lot better than the Whammy. Like Searcy, I like the big version with the sliders but those are kindof impractically big and like I said I can't pull it off.

Sorry, I worded myself a bit poorly. It's not like I took offence or anything, I'm a huge Jack White fan. So I totally get what you mean by feeling as if you'd be copying someone by using roughly the same pedals.

I have a Whammy too.... 2 actually... The POG tracks a lot better for polyphonic stuff and there's nothing like that huge Hammond sound it gets. But if you really want to Whammy.... gotta get a Whammy pedal.

Cool board. I have a couple Pedal Train boards. They are the best. The POG is a really awesome pedal. You can get some crazy sounds with that thing. How do you like the nano Holy Grail?

The nano is great for milder reverb, but anything past 12 o' clock sounds increasingly ridiculous. I can't really find any use for the Flerb either, but that's not why I bought it in the first place [wink]. My favourite setting is probably the spring reverb at about 11 o' clock, it's sort of a Fender reverb but not quite as springy, so it might not be ideal for surf, sadly. It adds a great airyness and roomyness to the sound though, and while it's convincing enough for surf sounds it's not all the way there.

What Pedaltrain models have you got? I'm assuming they're some smaller model since you've got a few of them? Or is it that you've got a lot of pedals? :P

congrats. i have no idea what those doo-hickies do, but i figure i'm going to find out sooner or later.

perfect! i'm still trying to wrap my fingers and picking hand around this endeavor, and now i find there's foot controls [scared]

:lol:

...What Pedaltrain models have you got? I'm assuming they're some smaller model since you've got a few of them? Or is it that you've got a lot of pedals? :P

I have a PT-2 and a Pedaltrain Mini. I used to use a lot of pedals in one of my bands, so I had to have the PT-2. I like the Mini because I can throw 4 or 5 on there if I'm jamming or something. -Way more portable...

I have a PT-2 and a Pedaltrain Mini. I used to use a lot of pedals in one of my bands, so I had to have the PT-2. I like the Mini because I can throw 4 or 5 on there if I'm jamming or something. -Way more portable...

Yeah, I probably should've gotten a Mini instead, seeing as this is kind of a tight fit. But then again I'm not planning on adding any more pedals soon, so it'll probably suffice.

Ah I know that.

Archived