Gibson Brands Forums

mmmmmmm...

Silenced Fred

Alcohol and trouble. Like two peas in a pod.

I miss beer badly. Have to get my meds schedule figured out before I can start enjoying it again.

word. I haven't had much to drink for quite a long time, and this beer is fairly filling.

get on that man, I'm gonna need a partner in crime on here soon [scared]

Great stuff and made in FoCo! That's one thing I'm gonna miss when I move back to chi

He'll yeah, New Belgium makes great stuff! I started out buying their stuff way back just for the 22 oz. bombers because I was in to home brewing, but it wasn't long before sunshine wheat became my favorite.

Nowadays, I've been digging 1554 more than anything. Another great beer made in Fort Collins is 90 Shilling.. good sh!t [thumbup]

He'll yeah, New Belgium makes great stuff! I started out buying their stuff way back just for the 22 oz. bombers because I was in to home brewing, but it wasn't long before sunshine wheat became my favorite.

Nowadays, I've been digging 1554 more than anything. Another great beer made in Fort Collins is 90 Shilling.. good sh!t [thumbup]

I'm going to have to try all of this before I head back. Chicago has goose island, and IMO, its pretty shitty

Hey that stuff just came to MD! Good beer. I saved the bottle with a special regional label that says "Don't be crabby...we made it to the Chesapeake." [thumbup]

[biggrin] .. Cool label.

Damn, I bet that goes perfect with some fresh crab. That's one thing I hate about being landlocked... Seafood is expensive, and not very good.

Great stuff and made in FoCo! That's one thing I'm gonna miss when I move back to chi

You can get New Belgium beers in the Windy City. And yes, Goose Island is pretty crappy beer. Honkers Ale and 312 are on par with dish water.

You can get New Belgium beers in the Windy City. And yes, Goose Island is pretty crappy beer. Honkers Ale and 312 are on par with dish water.

totes magotes you can!

just different when you get it from the brewery's store, or knowing that it was brewed like 2 miles from where you live haha

Goose Island is icky stuff, I tried it cause it was local, big mistake. their root beer is pretty dece though

I don't know how far their distribution reaches (I can't find it in MD, but then again we always go for cases of cheap sh*t when we go for beer runs) but Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn, NY makes excellent beer, and I'm proud to have them brewing their fantastic beer in my fair city. You can find them everywhere in New York--and they came up from nothing more than a small distribution company for mid-range contracted beer. Now they have a huge range of beers--my favorites are Brooklyn Dry Stout and Brooklyn Brown Ale.

Last night we had Busch, Keystone Ice and Natural Light. Yuck. All three beers make my skin crawl with their foul taste and general nasty wateriness, and yet we get them all the time because they're cheap as shyt. I hate being underage.

I don't know how far their distribution reaches (I can't find it in MD, but then again we always go for cases of cheap sh*t when we go for beer runs) but Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn, NY makes excellent beer, and I'm proud to have them brewing their fantastic beer in my fair city. You can find them everywhere in New York--and they came up from nothing more than a small distribution company for mid-range contracted beer. Now they have a huge range of beers--my favorites are Brooklyn Dry Stout and Brooklyn Brown Ale.

Last night we had Busch, Keystone Ice and Natural Light. Yuck. All three beers make my skin crawl with their foul taste and general nasty wateriness, and yet we get them all the time because they're cheap as shyt. I hate being underage.

those are like the nastiest beers i have ever tasted. im so sorry. if im gonna get hammered, i like a mixture of beer and jaeger. if you wash it all down with some mtn dew pitch black, it gets the taste out of your mouth pretty quick and you will get hammered for the cheap!

I had it in NYC, they sell it in Nashville but only in bottle.

those are like the nastiest beers i have ever tasted. im so sorry. if im gonna get hammered, i like a mixture of beer and jaeger. if you wash it all down with some mtn dew pitch black, it gets the taste out of your mouth pretty quick and you will get hammered for the cheap!

Yeah dude, I know--they are just the worst beers out there. The best cheap beers, in my experience, are Yuengling and PBR (/hipster.) Rolling Rock is lousy, but at least it's pretty smooth and if you hold your nose and close your eyes it almost tastes like water.

I hate AALs, though. Low ABV%, stale flavor, watery as fxck. No good by any measure, but totally worth the money if you're a broke college student.

I see not much has changed since I was underage [lol]

Except we also regularly "enjoyed" Oly and Mickys.

Yeah dude, I know--they are just the worst beers out there. The best cheap beers, in my experience, are Yuengling and PBR (/hipster.) Rolling Rock is lousy, but at least it's pretty smooth and if you hold your nose and close your eyes it almost tastes like water.

I hate AALs, though. Low ABV%, stale flavor, watery as fxck. No good by any measure, but totally worth the money if you're a broke college student.

PBR is about as low as I'll go for beer, other than that, I'll just go for something hard and cheap. Getting drunk off beer is pretty bad IMO, much prefer getting drunk off of hard liquor, but not sugary stuff, you lady boy, drink it straight from the bottle if you have hair on your chest [biggrin]

Archived