Gibson Brands Forums

One guy, 9 guitars, one amp.

Searcy

Thanks guys. Yea the point was just to show the difference from one guitar to the next. It's a good little amp and seems to like single coils the best. The MM and the tele sound good on it. I was shocked at how much the Raw Power Les Paul pushed to input into distortion.

Oh... and I hate Strats but if you give me one I'll add it to the video. [biggrin]

Thanks guys. Yea the point was just to show the difference from one guitar to the next. It's a good little amp and seems to like single coils the best. The MM and the tele sound good on it. I was shocked at how much the Raw Power Les Paul pushed to input into distortion.

Oh... and I hate Strats but if you give me one I'll add it to the video. [biggrin]

Actually, if I had a spare spare I might: but I lost a lot in my storage deal. The only one I have I would part with I wouldn't think you had any use for (paisley-sounds like crap).

I say because it isn't so much YOU need a Strat for your own self, but as the pick-up man and the tone man, society is better served if you have one.

I must say, I am a little surprised someone who is obviously skilled in the art of tweaking and tone can not find anything worthwhile about a Strat?

I don't have ANY cash right now, but I am going to need pups, dude. What if Van Zant can't hook me up? Fralin does not know strat pups-Fender changes the recipee so much it is a hit and miss thing, and the only guy around here charges far too much. And what about a speaker recone? who do I trust for that?

See what I mean?

Good vid. I like the way the old Silvertone sounds with that amp. You also look like Kenny Powers.

This is about the third time someone has told me that this year. I've never heard of the guy. I'll have to google him and see what he looks like.

Thoroughly enjoyed the vid. Sometimes when you play loads of guitars you stop being able to hear the subtle differences in their sound but the way you edited the video made the sound differences very obvious. Thanks for the upload, and yeah I agree that the SC's sounded best on that amp.

Cool vid ,I love the comparisons.Right off the bat I was surprised at least to my ear how much the Parker sounded like the SG. I dont think were voting but the Gibson raw power was my favorite and BTW that melody maker kicks butt too. Thanks for taking the time to do this and that 5 watt'r is a little killer! [thumbup]

Great video man!........like you i was surprised at how good the raw power sounded...........oh dear..........another guitar on the get next list.!!!!!!!,cheers for that dude!!

Archived