Gibson Brands Forums

Has Anyone Heard Of This Amp Maker?

Tman5293

Just stumbled across these amps made by a company called Goodsell. Has anyone heard of them? Their amps sound really good!

Listen to the tone this thing has!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axGm32T6yL0

Here's another great sounding amp by these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOSuvf_A-Uw&feature=related#movie_player

I know they sell good.

I know a retired decorated U.S. Marine who's partner is asian who works there....

He also plays Chinese made Epiphone guitars....You might not like their amps now Tman1894......

Just stumbled across these amps made by a company called Goodsell. Has anyone heard of them? Their amps sound really good!

I agree that they sound fine. I liked the way the 'Unibox' cleaned up but kept full tone as the vol was rolled back.

I was slightly bemused, however, by the second amp shown. Mr. Goodsell suggests it is inspired by the Watkins (WEM) Dominator amps. He explains that his Goodsell 'Dominatrix' has not one, but two 'gain' circuits. How he finds any comparison with his amp and a WEM 'Dominator' - one of the cleanest sounding amps ever made and one which never, ever reaches the overdriven stage - is beyond my comprehension.

I'd still like to try them out, though!

P.

I agree that they sound fine. I liked the way the 'Unibox' cleaned up but kept full tone as the vol was rolled back.

I was slightly bemused, however, by the second amp shown. Mr. Goodsell suggests it is inspired by the Watkins (WEM) Dominator amps. He explains that his Goodsell 'Dominatrix' has not one, but two 'gain' circuits. How he finds any comparison with his amp and a WEM 'Dominator' - one of the cleanest sounding amps ever made and one which never, ever reaches the overdriven stage - is beyond my comprehension.

I'd still like to try them out, though!

P.

Not sure how he draws that comparison. I have actually met Mr. Goodsell , his shop is here in Atlanta. He gave me a ton of advice about the Supro clone I was building at the time, he is one of those techno type guys that can start talking over your head quickly when it comes down to electrical theory. He does have some good amps, but I find his line-up a tad pricey.

Archived