Gibson Brands Forums

Last Night, I was in the presence of greatness...

S t e v e

I think the point is if you drink that, you can BELIEVE you are as great as those posted in your thread.

Or, in STEVE's case, post a thread as great.

lol

I guess I could, pardon the pun, make my post "spill over" into his. ](*,)

One of the things that was cool about the Jeff Beck show last night was during his encore. He came out with his Oxblood Les Paul to pay tribute to THE MAN (you know... Les). I feel this righted a wrong that he committed on the tribute show me did for Les... you know... how he played most of the show on a strat and barely even looked at a Gibson, much less a Les Paul model. [cool]

lol

One of the things that was cool about the Jeff Beck show last night was during his encore. He came out with his Oxblood Les Paul to pay tribute to THE MAN (you know... Les). I feel this righted a wrong that he committed on the tribute show me did for Les... you know... how he played most of the show on a strat and barely even looked at a Gibson, much less a Les Paul model. [cool]

In all fairness to JB, his style is dependent upon the tremolo arm and volume knob. Little hard to do his tricks on a Les Paul. A Nighthawk with a Floyd Rose on the other hand.......

lol

From what I have read, while Mr. Beck HAS had a love for the LP guitar, he actually has genuine praise for the man as a musician. The fact that he gave us the LP guitar has a lot less to do with Les (that rhymes?) then maybe a lot of us? So, it might not matter to him what guitar he was playing at the time.

In all fairness to JB, his style is dependent upon the tremolo arm and volume knob. Little hard to do his tricks on a Les Paul. A Nighthawk with a Floyd Rose on the other hand.......

Now that the Les Paul Axess is out, I wonder if Beck will find a place for one in his guitar arsenal?

However, one thing that you mention about his style leads me to think otherwise. As I mentioned in my own thread of the same name, Jeff tends to play with his hand amost directly over the volume knob most of the time... something that makes it very easy to manipulate the control and by the les Paul's design is nearly impossible to do on a LP while playing.

Archived