Gibson Brands Forums

Ridin' The Storm Out

saturn

I've always loved REO.

When I was growing up I always thought they were well known everywhere. I later moved to alabama and found out most people in the south had never heard of them or only knew the song Time for me to Fly and a couple of other ballads from the band. Then it hit me... Duh of course they were big where I grew up - around Chicago.

What a great Saturday morning video. Thanks.

I've always loved REO.

When I was growing up I always thought they were well known everywhere. I later moved to alabama and found out most people in the south had never heard of them or only knew the song Time for me to Fly and a couple of other ballads from the band. Then it hit me... Duh of course they were big where I grew up - around Chicago.

Funny just the opposite for me, I grew up in Atlanta, moved to Chicago in the mid 70's and got turned on to REO by some

new friends. Great band and real fun to play.

I've always loved REO.

Speedwagon was HUGE in my part of Bama(Anniston area) in the late '70s and early 80's.......i'm pretty certain my Son (and many others) were conceived to the sounds of High Infidelity......but 9-Lives was also big.

Archived