Gibson Brands Forums

My first electric

EpiphoneFan1989

I´ve got my first ever electric guitar. I know it´s only a Special II but i wanted to test electrics before i buy a better guitar.

I´ve this guitar now for 1 month and i very enjoy playing with it. The sound of both humbuckers is good for me but i know that i have no comparison to expensive guitars. I love the Vintage Sunburst finish and the well playable neck.

Good job from epiphone. Now i´m looking forward to a better guitar for next year.

Either the Epiphone Wilshire or the Epiphone Dot. B)

post-35600-091805200 1318781823_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! Don't knock them Specials, I recently got myself an SG Junior with a single humbucker, and I have to say this is one of the better sounding guitars I've ever owned, and in 42 years of playing, I've owned a few! And for 100 bucks, I certainly can't complain. Did a few MINOR things to the guitar (bridge, knobs) to make it perfect. Epiphone makes a damned nice guitar for the price point.

I'll add that a great guitar is one that helps you play rather than one that makes you work at it. Some of that's design and how it "fits" your shape and physical playing style, some of it is setup. Some of it is... an intangible.

Price tag doesn't guarantee the great one, nor does it guarantee a junker even if the instrument has zero bling.

Actually nothing against the Wilshire, but if I were you I'd consider priority for the Dot.

That's a matter of getting into different sorts of guitar. A solidbody is a solidbody, IMHO, regardless that they may feel different and have slightly different tonal response for whatever reason. The Dot? Mine sings.

Pete... Sie haben recht: Gut gemacht! (Sorry, I'm old, and I have been told that my German lessons are 50 years old and more formal than current practice. <grin>)

m

EF89...

It's not ONLY a Special II... it's YOUR Special II...

& there IS a comparison to expensive guitars... yours IS NOT expensive...

Have Epi done a good job... & a good thing by you... Hell Yeah [thumbup]

HNGD man... but I AM pretty sure it won't be your last [biggrin]

Cheers,

Archived