Gibson Brands Forums

Megadeth

Silenced Fred

Good point, Kerry was in Megadeth briefly, Dimebag almost played in Megadeth, so let's post some Pantera, while we're at it I'll post some of Chris Poland's post Megadeth Jazz/Fusion work. But he played with Kofi Baker-Ginger Bakers son, who played with Cream, so we'll post some Cream.

I dont like Pantera. [mellow]

Yeah, I didn't care for Far Beyond Driven, but CFH and VDoP was great.

Anselmo lost his voice and the guys stopped Grooving in favor of straight Thrash. I like Thrash, but Pantera was better at Riffs and Grooves.

{edit} Hey Dem00n, I was typing Thrash and Groove at the same time you were. lol

You are nuts. Vulgar Display of Power is classic metal to the Nth degree. Great for lifting weights to.

Damn right, Vulgar Display of Power is legendary. So is Cowboys From Hell. So are Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill and Reinventing the Steel.

Pantera are the originators (except for Exhorder, although I'd argue that Pantera took the sound much farther than Exhorder ever could have)--they sound generic now because every metal band that came after Pantera wanted to be Pantera.

Pantera got really sludgy after Vulgar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMExTgDFfRQ&feature=fvst

some guy, last name broderik or something, from Megadeth is coming to a local music store. Should i interrupt study time to go check it out?

I'm not really into the band, like at all, but if he's a cool guy, I'll probably head out

Has been............daddy rock grandpa rock etc... and so forth........

Archived