Gibson Brands Forums

Fuller's 1939 RI J-35

modoc_333

I just got one of these! I traded my 2007 MC series Southern Jumbo for it. I think i made out QUITE nicely. Such an awesome guitar! it's not a perfect reissue of a '39 J35, but i don't care. She is awesome! Adi top and braces, small slot bridge, small burst, script logo and a KILLER sound! I like the bag color, and love the bigger neck. I know there have been a few threads on these, but does anyone have a complete spec sheet? is there hide glue throughout, or just on the neck joint? any idea how much the original tag price was on these?

"I like the bag color, and love the bigger neck."

"Bigger neck" I understand.

"Bag color" not so much. ???

Congrats on your new guitar. Mike Fuller is a huge Gibson fan, and he has commissioned so many different spec guitars with Gibson, it's just silly (in a good way!).

The old remakes have been like a 'professional hobby' for Mike, and he has -- in the various re-issues he's had done up over the years -- edged them each time a bit closer to what he has in mind.

The AJ and J-35 re-issues are some of his favourite models.

To get some further insight on those guitars, in terms of specs, etc., you could always give Mike a call.

Fred

"Bigger neck" I understand.

"Bag color" not so much. ???

Congrats on your new guitar. Mike Fuller is a huge Gibson fan, and he has commissioned so many different spec guitars with Gibson, it's just silly (in a good way!).

The old remakes have been like a 'professional hobby' for Mike, and he has -- in the various re-issues he's had done up over the years -- edged them each time a bit closer to what he has in mind.

The AJ and J-35 re-issues are some of his favourite models.

To get some further insight on those guitars, in terms of specs, etc., you could always give Mike a call.

Fred

Think he meant "back color"

Yeap, pics ! we want to see pics ! [cool]

I just got one of these! I traded my 2007 MC series Southern Jumbo for it. I think i made out QUITE nicely. Such an awesome guitar! it's not a perfect reissue of a '39 J35, but i don't care. She is awesome! Adi top and braces, small slot bridge, small burst, script logo and a KILLER sound! I like the bag color, and love the bigger neck. I know there have been a few threads on these, but does anyone have a complete spec sheet? is there hide glue throughout, or just on the neck joint? any idea how much the original tag price was on these?

I believe the Fullers price on these new was between $2600 and $2700.

I seem to remember Fullers quoting me that two years ago.

I believe the Fullers price on these new was between $2600 and $2700.

I seem to remember Fullers quoting me that two years ago.

Current quoted price is $2399.

Christmas 2007 the Wayback machine shows the website price as 2275.

I love mine - does everything you could hope a slope jumbo would do.

Archived