Gibson Brands Forums

New company

Steven Tari

Well my company is no more and we went from a small company of 800, to a new company of 98000. So we know are owned by General Dynamics.Our company is now NASSCO of Norfolk. So any of you old Squids that got your ships repaired at Metro Machine its a end of three decades that I've worked there so its no more. Just met the top dogs and they started setting down the rules. What I've seen so far I think I'm going to like the new company. Any of y'all had dealings with them in the past? [biggrin]

My company worked directly for GD for many years. I had the opportunity to meet many different levels of people in their organization. I think you will be fine and like working with them.

I worked with purchasing people, engineers, quality inspectors, and upper management types. Attended a few conferences they put on over the program we supplied parts for and they always did a great job in communicating.

Enjoy the change. If you have worked at this place for three decades, they will be coming to you for advice and lessons about the company.

Good luck with the transition. I hope it goes smoothly.

The little company I have worked for since 1999 has been bought, sold, or transferred three times since 2006. The first sale was to Lehman Bros. You can bet I did not shed a tear when that company went belly up. Talk about middle management bloated. Too many VPs and AVPs that come in at 10, take a two hour lunch, and are out by 4:30. The last purchase was on Jan. 1 this year and things are great. Sometimes you have to tough out a rough patch to get to the good times.

Archived